It’s National Peanut Butter Day and I think we should celebrate with Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars!
And give recognition to the important role that peanut butter plays in our lives.
Now, back to peanut butter cheesecake bars! When it comes to my dessert recipes, they are kind of like my kids. I love them all. But every now and then one takes a few moments in the favorite spot. If you are a kid, it usually involves things like being cooperative, not fighting with your sibling over who sits where on the the couch and not screaming like a banshee. If you are a dessert, it usually involves a lot of different flavors and textures, all coming together beautifully. And for today, these peanut butter cheesecake bars are my favorite kid. Or dessert. Or whatever.
If you like cheesecake and you like peanut butter, you just need to change your plans for the day, gather up the ingredients for these peanut butter cheesecake bars. You will not regret it, trust me.
The only thing you might regret is total lack of self control and consuming an embarrassingly large serving of these once you get a taste. They are THAT good. Buttery crust. Cheesecake. Peanut Butter Cups. Peanut Butter Chips. Chocolate Chips. GOOD STUFF.
I seriously can’t wait for you to try these. In general I’m not a huge cheesecake person. It’s fine, it’s just never what I’d pick off a dessert menu. My husband loves it, so I try and indulge him now and then. These bars might change all that, these might be one of my favorites. Now, like which kid might be in the favorite spot one day, that can change, but I’m pretty certain that just like my kids, I’ll love them like crazy cakes. Or crazy bars.
For this recipe I love to use my 8×8 pan with the removable bottom.
PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE BARS
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 5 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 Cups standard size Reese's Peanut Butter each chopped into four pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar to prepare the cake mixture. Add in melted butter and stir to combine. Add in one of the eggs and stir to combine well. Press mixture into an 8x8 sized baking pan and set aside.
- 3. Place the chopped peanut butter cups into the pan on top of the cake mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cups peanut butter chips.
- 4. In a separate bowl mix together softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir until well combined then pour mixture over the top of your cake mixture and chocolates. Spread gently with a spatula to cover. Sprinkle top of cream cheese layer with remaining chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- 5. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in fridge (though take out of fridge about 10 minute prior to eating). Enjoy!
PIN TO SAVE THIS RECIPE!
Want MORE chocolate and peanut butter? I hear you. And I’ve got you covered. Check out these posts that are packed FULL of peanut butter and chocolate!
Or these recipes that all use peanut butter cups…