I wanted to share one my must make Christmas Cookie recipes with you. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. It just isn’t quite Christmas without these. I’ve been making them for probably 15 years and they are hands down one of the best cookies I’ve ever had. The base of the cookies is made with cocoa and peanut butter, and to that peanut butter cups, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips are added. So much deliciousness going on.
Any cookie that starts off like this has to be good!
I have a pretty serious love of peanut butter and chocolate. I mean, they are like perfect baking BFFs. If you feel the same way, you do not want to miss this round up of over 50 peanut butter and chocolate recipes. Warning, drooling is involved and it’s probably best to just trade the skinny jeans for yoga pants before we go any further (as if I wasn’t already in my yoga pants).
These are really easy cookies. A few tips. When I measure peanut butter in a measuring cup, I always give the cup a light spray of cooking oil first so that the peanut butter doesn’t try to bond with the measuring cup. Also, I freeze my peanut butter cups before cutting them. When it’s not summer in Phoenix it’s probably not a big deal, but I prefer cutting frozen peanut butter cups to smooshing half melted ones.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 10 regular-sized peanut butter cups cut in pieces (or about 20-25 small cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla, peanut butter and eggs; mixing well.
- Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in chips and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonful on to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Other Favorite Peanut Butter And Chocolate Recipes
I recently also made a white chocolate version of these cookies. It’s very different yet very similar. I think white chocolate and peanut butter are their own special kind of magic.
And not one to leave delicious alone, I also made a dark chocolate and almond version. Oh my, they are amazing.
And a few more of my favorite peanut butter and chocolate pairings…
If peanut butter is totally your thing, you really need my friend Averie’s Peanut Butter Comfort Cookbook. There’s still time to order off Amazon in time for Christmas. This cookbook is amazing. I swear I can read it like a novel, it’s like a love affair of peanut butter!