Delicious peanut butter cookies packed full of creamy white chocolate chips and Reese’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
One of my favorite flavor combinations ever is peanut butter and white chocolate. It’s not nearly as popular as the pairing of dark or milk chocolate and peanut butter, but it really is an amazing one. It’s been a while since I’ve made peanut butter cookies, which was about all the excuse I needed to whip up some White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Oh my, grab some milk and get ready to dig in.
These cookies are everything that I love in a peanut butter cookie. Lots of peanut butter flavor, balanced out with the sweetness of the chocolate. I’m not sure what it is about peanut butter and white chocolate together, but it’s really hard to have just one of these cookies. Maybe it’s those crazy delicious white chocolate peanut butter cups!
I was hoping that these cookies would be a match up of our all time favorite chocolate based peanut butter cookies with a twist on the flavors, a white chocolate version. Dense, rich, chewy and delicious. Mission accomplished! A fantastic white chocolate version of my chocolate based peanut butter cookies.
This recipe, which I adapted from That Winsome Girl, does have some slight variations on regular cookie recipes. It uses cold butter, cut up into cubes, as well as cornstarch, so take note of those two factors before getting started. These cookies don’t spread out the way most do and instead hold a shape pretty close to what you put onto your cookie sheet. I also froze my white chocolate peanut butter cups prior to baking them into the cookies. They can melt so quickly, that freezing them helps them to hold up a bit better while baking. You don’t have to do that, but I do recommend it. I tend to keep my chocolate based candies in the fridge or freezer in the summer, so it makes it easy to have them cold and ready to go for baking.
Struggle to measure peanut butter? A bit of cooking spray in your measuring cup makes it much easier.
While I call for one cup of chips and one cup of peanut butter cups in the recipe, feel free to vary those to suit your tastes. And if you are not a white chocolate fan, by all means, go with regular chocolate in these. Or dark chocolate, my favorite. Or heck, mix it up and use both! Either way, if you love peanut butter and chocolate, whip up some version of these. Share them with friends and let them rave about how great they are. 🙂 Or just find a spot to hide and enjoy them yourself (just grab some milk first, nothing ruins hiding for cookies like having to sneak out for the milk!). These are some amazing peanut butter cookies!
If you love these cookies, also try my White Chocolate Chip Cookies!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup frozen white chocolate peanut butter candies chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cold cubed butter and brown sugar until well combined. This takes slightly longer than with room temperature butter. Once fluffy, add in your peanut butter, vanilla and eggs, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Combine these ingredients with your wet ingredients, as well as white chocolate chips and candies, stirring until just combined. This is a fairly dry dough.
- Scoop or drop cookies by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Because this is a fairly firm cookie dough, they will will not spread out a great deal, and instead somewhat hold their shape while baking.
- Bake for approximately 9-12 minutes or until edges start to turn slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets for approximately five minutes, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
- Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies, about 1 1/2" in diameter.
Check out all of the cookie recipes on this site!
Looking for some other peanut butter recipes? Try these!
Originally published June 19, 2013