It’s Wednesday, and that means waffles!
It’s crazy to think that October is halfway over! Before we know it, Halloween will be here and then Thanksgiving. I love pumpkin so much, I put it in as many recipes as possible (such as all of these!)
These waffles are inspired by one of my Thanksgiving favorites – pumpkin pie! Today I, along with other bloggers known as Chief Waffle Officers, am sharing a fun and easy way to whip up some Thanksgiving inspired waffles using Eggo Waffles or you can use this awesome Pumpkin Maple Cream Cheese Waffle Topping on top of your favorite waffle recipe. Whatever works for you!
I used Eggo’s Pumpkin Spice Waffles and topped them with a delicious pumpkin maple cream cheese topping that you can whip up in minutes. It’s so delicious, and while it’s amazing on waffles, I think it would also be great on muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, or just eaten straight, with a spoon (hey, no judgement!).
And because I never think pumpkin pie is truly complete without a little whipped cream on top, I went ahead and added some to these waffles. So darn good!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup canned or pureed pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well with hand or stand mixer, until well combined. Mixture may be lumpy at first, continue to beat on high until mixture is smooth and well combined. Spoon on top of waffles or serve on the side for dipping. Store any extras in refrigerator.
If you love pumpkin, make sure to check out all of these great pumpkin recipes!
Disclosure: Kellogg’s sponsored this post and I am compensated for being a Chief Waffle Officer. That said, all opinions are, as always, mine and mine alone.