I’ve got another Smart Cookie Saturday for you, with a preview of one of the recipes from Smart Cookie! Smart Cookie is my new cookbook that shows you how to transform store bought cookies into amazing treats! Smart Cookie is available for pre-order (at a fantastic price!) on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can order now, and Smart Cookie will be on your doorstep on September 2nd when it’s released!
Today I’m sharing my “By The Campfire” Cookies with you.
This fun recipe combines store bought sugar cookies (or any bakery style round cookie), candies, pretzels and marshmallows to create an adorable little cookie campfire. This happens to be the ONLY recipe in the entire book where you will need to turn on your oven! You will use your oven to transform some Life Savers candies into little campfire “flames”.
These adorable cookies are perfect for a camping party or to enjoy when you want the fun of a campfire. These cookies are so fun and festive, and would also be delicious with a chocolate cookie as their base.
By The Campfire Cookies from SMART COOKIE Cookbook
- 20 Life Savers® orange hard candies
- 20 Life Savers® red hard candies
- 10 Life Savers® white or yellow hard candies
- 12 miniature marshmallows
- 12 small pretzel sticks
- 1 7-ounce pouch green Betty Crocker® Decorating Cookie Icing
- 12 sugar cookies
- 36 Tootsie Roll® Chocolate Midgees
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a medium-sized baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Unwrap Life Savers® candies and place in a large zipper-style freezer bag. Crush the candies using a rolling pin or a small mallet.
- 3. Spread the crushed candies out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The crushed candy should be spread out, but the pieces should be touching each other.
- 4. Place the crushed candy in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the candy has melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes, or until it’s cool to touch.
- 5. Once the candy is cool, use your hands to break the melted candy into pieces approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide and 1 to 2 inches long. Set them aside.
- 6. Gently place a miniature marshmallow on the end of each pretzel stick.
- 7. Prepare the icing according to package directions.
- 8. Working one cookie at a time, spread cookie icing on top of the cookie. Immediately place three Tootsie Roll® Chocolate Midgees candies onto the cookie icing, placing them in a formation similar to logs in a campfire.
- 9. Place 3 to 4 pieces of the melted Life Saver® candies onto the cookie, as campfire flames, using the chocolate candies to help prop them into place until the frosting is dry.
- 10. Place a pretzel with marshmallow onto the cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Allow to dry for at least four hours.
Want to see more of Smart Cookie? Check out my other SMART COOKIE Saturday posts, or head over to Amazon where you can use their “look inside” feature to see more! The book comes out on September 2nd, but I will continue to share previews with you! Thanks so much, I can’t wait to share this book with you!