Today I’m sharing a super simple recipe to make easy homemade pancakes. This recipe is seriously just as easy as starting from a boxed pancake mix, so if you’ve never tried pancakes from scratch, you are in for a treat! This summer I’ve teamed up with Mode Media and the folks at Nutella to share some of the ways that I am spreading happiness in my life, and lately pancakes are making everyone at our house happy!
Make sure to try my updated FLUFFY PANCAKE RECIPE!
I’m so excited about these pancakes and how simple and delicious they are. Spread some Nutella on and you are sure to spread some happy in your house! Seriously, Nutella, pancakes and fruit – total happiness!
This week my friends at Mode Media and Nutella asked me so share some of my “Happy Summer Music”. With both my girls in dance, my oldest daughter playing the drums, and my husband playing guitar for most of his life, there is always a lot of music in our home and in our car.
To say that my summer music playlist is diverse might be a big understatement! We’ve got everything from P!nk to the Bee Gees to Kid Rock to Fleetwood Mac to Def Leppard to the Frozen soundtrack.
My youngest daughter has been obsessed with the song “Tiki Room” by Hillary Duff, as they use it in her dance class as the “jumping song”. While it might make me want to reach for headache medicine, and make my older daughter give a little bit of an eye roll, it makes my four year old VERY happy, and her happiness is contagious, so “Tiki Room” is in heavy rotation, complete with lots of jumping, dancing and giggling. There might be a daily “Tiki Room” party in my office even (hey, mid-day cardio!).
I love exposing my kids to a lot of different types of music, and seeing what they enjoy. My oldest daughter just received her first drum kit (a gift from her grandfather who is a drummer) and I have a feeling the music in my house is about to get very loud!
So turn on your favorite summer tunes, and get ready to whip up some absolutely delicious pancakes. I promise you, these might take all of one minute longer than making your pancakes from a box mix, the recipe is that simple. You can top them with butter or syrup or spread on some Nutella! #spreadthehappy
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder not soda!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg room temperature if possible
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled (I place mine in the fridge immediately after melting)
- Nutella butter or syrup for topping.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla, mix well to combine. Stir melted butter into liquid mixture. Mix until well combined. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, but do not over mix. Due to the baking powder, the mixture will fill with tiny air bubbles and can appear a bit foamy, this is okay, it's what helps puff up the pancakes.
- Lightly oil a griddle or pan and heat to medium heat. Scoop batter onto pan (an ice cream scoop works great!), approximately 1/4 cup at a time. Heat until bubbles start to appear throughout pancake, then flip to other side, cooking until it reaches desired level of brownness. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with Nutella Spread, butter or syrup. Enjoy!
Looking for more ways to enjoy Nutella and spread the happy? I’ve got some for you!
The folks at Nutella would love to have you share your #spreadthehappy pictures on the Nutella Tumblr page. I look forward to sharing more ways that I plan to “Spread The Happy” this summer.
Nutella® hazelnut spread is a happy start to every day! Pick up a jar of Nutella in the spreads aisle and enjoy it with whole wheat toast, waffles, pancakes, strawberries, bananas and many other foods. Nutella. Spread the Happy™.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by the makers of Nutella via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nutella.