I’ve got a delicious chocolate cookie recipe for you today, that thanks to the addition of graham cracker pieces and marshmallow Mallow Bits, become Chocolate Smores Cookies!
These cookies are as easy to make as any chocolate chip type drop cookie, you are just changing up the base to chocolate and adding in a few more delicious mix ins.
I used the same base recipe for these that I used in my S’mores Cookies I shared last week. But you are putting your graham crackers into your cookies, instead of under. I LOVE using Kraft Mallow Bits in cookies. They are a dehydrated marshmallow (like the kind in cereal) so they hold their shape and texture better in baking than traditional miniature marshmallows. You can always use regular mini marshmallows, but they can be a little sticky to work with once baked, so FYI!
- 1 cup 2 sticks cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder regular cocoa powder can be used
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt regular salt can be used
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Kraft Mallow Bits
- 1 cup broken up graham crackers make sure the pieces aren't too big, you want them not too far from the size of the chocolate chips, this makes them easy to mix in and take a bite out of
- Preheat the oven to 350? F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, Mallow Bits and crushed graham crackers.
- The dough is very thick! If needed, transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to be sure the ingredients are well combined. I kneaded mine in the bowl, and that worked out just fine.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets. To make 36 cookies, 12 cookies should fit onto each sheet.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
If you like s’mores, here are a few other great recipe ideas for you!
Pretzel S’mores. One of my all time favorites!