Rich and delicious chocolate brownies are combined with graham crackers and marshmallows to create these delicious s’mores brownies! No campfire needed for this goodness!
And your favorite chocolate spread gets in on the action. You could use any of the chocolate based spreads like the Jif I used, or Nutella.
If you love brownies with lots of texture and crunch, like I do, then you’ll really enjoy these. Lots of layers of brownie goodness going on here!
(FYI – you could stop RIGHT here and just eat that chocolate chip, Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread & graham cracker mixture with a spoon. I actually highly advise that you do, at least for a moment or two. Now, carry on…)
I topped these with Mallow Bits, which are crunchy little dehydrated marshmallows. Think of the marshmallows you find in hot cocoa, or even the type you have in Lucky Charms. They are like that, versus soft, squishy marshmallows. You can usually find them at your grocery store, sometimes they are with the baking supplies and sometimes they are with the hot chocolate supplies.
You can skip them or try and use regular miniature marshmallows for topping these, but they will be a bit different, and regular marshmallows will likely melt a bit with the chocolate (not that it’s a bad thing, just an FYI!).
Chocolatey hazelnut goodness in a pan (or on a spoon, it’s totally your call).
These are an awesome blend of crunchy, gooey, sweet and a tiny bit of salty. Good stuff. They are based off of a recipe from Brown Eyed Baker for Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars with a couple of variations. I used the brownie mix, and you could use one or you could use your favorite recipe. You’ll want to bake up your 9×13″ pan of brownies, and while they are baking get the rest of the recipe ready.
For this recipe you can use a box brownie mix or my EASY BROWNIES recipe.
- 1 ounces bag mini marshmallows 10 1/2
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- 1 cup Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread or other chocolate spread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup Kraft Mallow Bits (optional but give a great added crunch!)
- Your favorite brownies mix or recipe and ingredients to make it
- Bake your brownies according to the recipe or mix directions, but take them out 2-3 minutes early. After taking them out, top with your mini marshmallows and immediately return to the oven for three more minutes.
- While the marshmallow topped brownies are in the oven, you will want to mix up your yummy topping. Combine your chocolate chips, Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread and butter in a medium size sauce pan. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Once melted, remove from heat and add in your crushed graham crackers. Allow to cool for three minutes.
- Spread your mixture over your marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with Mallow Bits. Refrigerate to allow chocolate to set prior to cutting. SO good! Let's go through this with pictures...
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Originally published July 29, 2012
I just made these tonight but used the Mocha Cappuccino spread since that was all I had in the house. Oh my sweet tooth but this is such a chocolate lovers paradise of a dessert! I made this for my daughter’s ballet class Halloween Party this Friday but almost ate half of it all on my own – soo delicious!!!
Laura @ Mrs in the Making says
Oh my word. I just discovered this stuff at my Publix this week, and with a dollar-off coupon, too! I am seriously obsessed. This is a dangerous thing to have in my kitchen… and I can’t WAIT to try your recipe! I’ve just been eating it on ritz crackers, teehee.
I would like to put some of this in apples and crackers.
Thanks for the chance!
I would bake up some fabulous dessert to amaze the office! :o)
i’d dip pretzels in them for a sweet & salty taste.
Karen Lindsey says
ooooh! I want to win. My daughter is dying to try this. She loves Nutella so she is sure that she will like this one from Jif.
I would uae thehazenut spread on ice cream!
Katy M says
I’d uses it as I currently use Nutella- eat it directly off the spoon! I would definitely try your brownie recipe, too- I’m a s’mores fanatic!!!
Thanks for the great giveaway!!!
Elena V says
I’d put a Jif spin on the classic Dutch treat stroopwafffle. Basically, it’s a spiced waffle baked till it’s crisp and filled with syrup, but in this case with hazelnut Jif!
Then I’d put another waffle on top to seal it, wait a few minutes, make me a cup of coffee and put the hazelnutwaffle on top to make it melt slightly…here’s a picture of what I’m talking about!
I can’t wait to try it!
Amanda Sakovitz says
I would make friend dough and put this all over it.