Salty Sweet Week – Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Brownies

One of my husband’s favorite treats are the peanut butter filled pretzels from Trader Joe’s.    The perfect combo of peanut butter and pretzel, all in one bite.  And don’t even get me started on the chocolate covered version, they are basically bliss in a bag.

Pair these babies with brownies and this is the result…

Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Brownies.  Don’t even think about it, just make them.

I used my favorite homemade brownie recipe, but you could absolutely use another recipe or even a box mix.  Whatever works for you!   If you use my recipe, leave out the candy canes (well, you could leave them in – but I’d probably advise against it).

To whatever brownie recipe you use, you will want to add about two cups of chopped peanut butter filled pretzels and 1/2 cup of peanut butter, combined.   If you don’t have peanut butter filled pretzels, this would work with regular pretzels as well.

I decided to roughly chop up my pretzels and mix them with the peanut butter…

I put half of my brownie batter into my pan first and then layered in my peanut butter & pretzel mixture.

Topped with the rest of the brownie batter.

And then at the last minute (because I am an incredibly impulsive baker) I added some chopped peanut butter cups to the top.

Bake according to package or recipe directions.

According to my husband, these qualify as “I’d marry you all over again” good.

If you love peanut butter, brownies & pretzels, you must, must, MUST make these.

If you love peanut butter, pretzels and chocolate, make sure to check out my Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Peanut Butter Pretzel Stuffed Krispies Treats

Creative Cookie Dough Mix In Cookies

And Deep Dark Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream With Peanut Butter Cups In A Pretzel Cone

Enjoy!!!

Comments

Oh my heavens! You just combined all my favorite things! I am in trouble because I MUST make these now. Thanks for this fantastic idea!

2. Anna Dingle says

I will definitely be making these very soon! BTW, I did purchase all 4 kinds of the CookEcones and I love them all!! So tasty!!

Oh wow. Amazing! I took a bag of these on our road trip last weekend and the bag was nearly gone by the time we got there. So addicting…and a perfect addition to brownies. Love this!

I’m not even hungry right now and I already have goodies baked up for school tomorrow, but am tempted to get up and make these right now. Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Pretzels…. basically just trying to figure out the next thing I can bring these to!

5. Sheila says

Is there a printable for the recipe without all the pics? It will take a lot of ink to print and I can’t find a printable option (I maybe blind or just plain stupid… lol) Thanks!

Hi Shelia, unfortunately this is back before I added the printable recipes to the website. What I usually do on other sites I visit if they don’t have printable recipes is just copy the recipe text that I need, paste it into an email and email it to myself to print (or just paste into a Word doc and print). For this recipe, you simply can use your favorite brownie recipe and just add in about two cups of pretzels mixed with half a cup of peanut butter, so it’s pretty simple. Hope that helps!