Delicious Coconut Macaroons are topped with white chocolate and jelly beans to create these adorable Birds Nest Cookies. This jelly bean topped cookie make a tasty and adorable Easter dessert!
While I always like to make Macaroons for spring, topping them with jelly beans is a fast and easy way to dress them up for Easter. Any variety of Brach’s Jelly Beans will work for these Easter cookies.
That said, I think that the Brach’s Speckled Jelly Bird Eggs from Brach’s look the cutest on them!
For this recipe I paired my jelly beans with white chocolate, there are no hard fast rules to follow here. Feel free to get creative with whatever Easter candy you enjoy or happen to have on hand. Dark chocolate always pairs well with macaroons, as I shared with my Chocolate Dipped Macaroons.
One of the nice things about these Birds Nest Cookies is that you don’t have to decorate them immediately. As long as you top with chocolate and jelly beans within a day, I think you’d be fine. Also, the decorating part of these is a great one to let the kids help out with.
Birds Nest Cookies
- 1 14 oz bag sweetened flaked coconut this is slightly more than 5 and 1/2 cups coconut
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk you will leave about 2 tbsp in the can
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Brach’s Speckled Jelly Bean Eggs Approximately 72
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Combine almost* the entire can of sweetened condensed milk (leave about 2 tablespoons in the can) with coconut. Stir to combine. Add in vanilla and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine egg whites and salt and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into coconut mixture.
- Scoop or spoon mixture, about two tablespoons, onto baking sheets that are covered with parchment paper (sprayed with non-stick cooking oil) or silicone baking mats.
- By hand, gently shape a small indent into the top of each macaroon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, then immediately remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pour white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. If not melted, return to microwave at 50% power for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well. If still not melted, repeat again for 15 seconds.
- Spoon melted white chocolate into the indent on top of each macaroon. Immediately top with three Brach’s Speckled Jelly Bean Eggs. Allow up to two hours for chocolate to set.
You can check out more of my fun and delicious recipes made using Brach’s Candy here!
I hope your family enjoys these Birds Nest Cookies this spring!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Brach’s. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.