Cane’s Sauce is creamy, tangy and packed full of flavor, with just the right amount of spice. This incredible dipping sauce is a must have item whenever enjoying Raising Cane’s Chicken. If you can’t get enough of this unique and delicious sauce, make your own at home!
Reasons You’ll Love This Sauce:
- It tastes just like the kind you get at the restaurant.
- Almost anything, from french fries to popcorn chicken to potato wedges taste better when dipped in it. We even dip mozzarella sticks in this!
- You can do more than just use it as a dip, it makes a fantastic sauce for hamburgers.
- Your friends and family will love that they can enjoy this famous Cane’s Sauce at home!
Cane’s Sauce Recipe
If you’ve ever been to Cane’s, a fast food restaurant that specializes in chicken strips, you know just how popular their secret recipe Cane’s Sauce is. It’s less of a do you want sauce and more of a how many sauces do you want type of thing.
I’ve watched many a hungry teens go through an entire cup of sauce for each and every chicken strip. It’s almost like the sauce is a full on side dish, not just a random dipping sauce.
While the recipe itself is supposedly kept top secret, I’m excited to share my copycat version which I think you’ll LOVE! I love to serve it whenever I make Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
Let’s discuss how to make this delicious lime pie recipe, as well as the ingredients that are needed for it. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen.
If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
With all of these ingredients, whichever brands you use or keep on hand will be fine.
Making copycat Cane’s Sauce at home really could not be easier! It’s simply a matter of combining the ingredients, stirring then letting it chill in the fridge for a bit. Letting it chill allows the flavors to best combine and develop to give you the taste you know and love.
This will keep for up to 2 weeks stored in an airtight container in the fridge. That said, always make sure you spoon out the amount you want to use, and don’t dip your food directly into the bowl that you are storing the dip in. Doing so can allow bacteria to develop and shorten the shelf life of your Cane’s Sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
- I don’t have any dijon mustard – what could I use instead? You could use 1 teaspoon plain yellow mustard or if you have mustard powder you could substitute ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder.
- I prefer to use fresh cloves of garlic rather than garlic powder – how many would I use in this recipe? You would use 2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed in this recipe.
- Will low-fat mayonnaise work in this recipe? Yes, this recipe is very flexible and will still be delicious with low-fat mayonnaise.
- I don’t have Worcestershire sauce – what could I substitute? If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce you could just leave that out.
- What should I serve this with? This sauce goes well with a variety of foods. I especially enjoy it served on burgers, with chicken strips, and with fries.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Love this recipe? Pin it!Click to pin
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients well in a medium-size bowl. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to combine.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
v bee says
I KNEW!!! There was Dijon mustard even though the fired employee omitted that ingredient when he revealed the recipe on Twitter!!! The extreme tartness had to come from somewhere and the taste and smell kept giving me flashbacks to Chinese hot mustard!
Would you’ll consider doing ranch some people like ranch on chicken I am allergic to certain ingredients in your sauce But I do love cane’s that is my number one place to go and eat
There’s curry powder in the Cane’s sauce.
Thids is very similar to 3D sauce served by hojos in the 60s and 70z
Tastes just like the real deal.
Um, this was amazing. My kids will eat anything dipped in this sauce!
I don’t have garlic or onion powder. Can’t use either of them. What else can I use?
Christi Johnstone says
Eileen, you could leave them out but the taste won’t be the same. You’d just have to experiment with whatever spices you typically use in place of onion and garlic powders.