Take burger night to the next level with this Air Fryer Cheeseburgers recipe. You’ll be amazed by how easy it is. Juicy ground beef patties topped with melted cheese cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Serve with all your favorite burger fixings!
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Cheeseburgers are the quintessential American food. Biting into a good juicy cheeseburger is an experience like no other.
- Air fryer hamburgers taste incredible. Extra juicy and perfectly cooked every time.
- Easy to make. Just season, air fry and enjoy!
- Fast burger recipe. 8 burgers are ready in about 20 minutes.
- Perfectly seasoned burgers. A few pantry staples make the air fryer hamburger patties even tastier!
- Make it your own. Set out all the burger toppings and let everyone build their own perfect cheeseburger.
Hamburgers In The Air Fryer
My air fryer is my latest kitchen obsession. I love that it delivers the same delicious results as deep frying without the grease. Not to mention, air fryer cooking is so much less messy than deep frying (or even pan frying!) and it keeps my kitchen cool in the summer.
Of all the gifts my air fryer has given me, this might be the greatest: perfect juicy homemade cheeseburgers.
Cooking hamburgers in an air fryer is a game changer. They come out delicious every time without any splattering grease or hovering over a grill pan. These burgers are tender, flavorful and oh so juicy with all the savory beef flavor you love.
Bookmark this recipe for National Cheeseburger Day! It’s September 18th, in case you were wondering. I’m all about any holiday that gives me an excuse to eat more burgers. If you love cheeseburgers, you have to try Cheeseburger Macaroni sooner than later.
Tips & Tricks for Air Frying Burgers
- Use 20% ground beef for ideal juiciness!
- Cook 4 patties at a time to avoid over crowding the tray.
- Keep cooked patties warm in a low heat oven while you cook the second batch.
- Remove the burgers from the air fryer immediately after cooking time.
- Thicker burgers will need longer cooking time. Adjust accordingly if you choose to make thicker patties.
I seasoned the ground beef with just a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. Adding the garlic powder to the beef before assembling, gets the garlic flavor incorporated into every bite.
How long do you cook burgers in an air fryer?
Cook these patties for 4 minutes per side. You can play with the timing depending on your air fryer settings and taste preferences. Be careful to avoid over cooking.
Can you air fry frozen hamburgers?
Yes, you can air fry frozen hamburgers. They will need an additional 2 minutes per side. Flip after 5 minutes on the first side and after 7 – 8 minutes on the second side.
Hamburger Side Dishes
On super busy nights, we’ll just enjoy our cheeseburgers with some chips and carrot sticks for a complete meal. The rest of the time we love to pair our burgers with any of the following side dishes.
- Crockpot Baked Beans
- Easy Rotini Salad
- Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- Easy Mac And Cheese
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Need ideas for burger toppings? Here are our favorites from the quintessential to the unique!
- Lettuce and tomato
- Red onion or grilled onions
- Cooked bacon
- Avocado slices
- Crispy fried onions
Substitutions for Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
I prefer freshly grated cheddar cheese in my air fryer cheeseburger recipes. You can swap grated cheese for slices of cheese if preferred! Slices take longer to melt, so I recommend adding them to the burgers in the last minute of cooking.
And feel free to substitute your other preferred burger cheese for cheddar. Monterrey, Colby, and jack cheese are all delicious choices.
Air Fryer Recommendations
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Pizza Casserole
- Ranch Pork Chops
- Crockpot Beef Chili
- Cheese Taco Pasta
- Easy Nachos
Air Fryer Cheeseburger
- Air Fryer
- 2 lbs ground beef 20% fat content recommended
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or substitute 8 cheese slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, for coating the pan
- 8 burger buns
- Leaf lettuce
- Plum tomatoes
- Pickle slices
- Other condiments as desired (ketchup, mustard etc.)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 for 5 minutes. Preheat conventional oven to 200 F.
- While the air fryer is preheating, combine ground beef with garlic powder in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties. Season patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- When the air fryer is heated, spray the tray with olive oil. Add 4 patties to tray. Cook burgers for 4 minutes at 375. Flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle cooked burgers with grated cheddar cheese and transfer to a baking sheet to keep warm in a 200 degree oven while cooking the remaining batch of burgers.
- Serve burgers hot on buns with all your favorite toppings.