Air Fryer Frozen French Fries just might be the easiest french fries you’ll ever make! A classic, crowd-pleasing side dish, you’ll be amazed at how great fries made in an air fryer taste. Crispy and full of flavor, say farewell to the drive thru fast food and start making your own delicious fries at home. Your family and friends will thank you!
Reasons To Make Frozen Fries In An Air Fryer
- They taste SO much better than oven baked fries that there truly is no comparison.
- You can whip up a batch of your favorite fries in less time than it takes to run to your nearby drive-thru.
- Healthier than fried. While I won’t try and convince you that these are health food, air frying fries is a better option than deep frying them.
- Easy clean up. While I enjoy my fried foods, I despise the clean up, and smell, that comes with using my deep fryer. No muss, no fuss, no fried smell when you go the air fryer rout.
Air Fryer French Fries
Looking for homemade fries from scratch? Check out my Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe!
We love, I mean REALLY LOVE, potato recipes, especially french fries. From crinkle cut to waffle, shoestring to steak fries, I rarely meet a french fry I don’t like. That said, I’ve never really loved making them at home. The oven works okay, but it always leaves me feeling like my fall craving isn’t truly fulfilled. The deep fryer makes awesome fries, but the mess, all the oil and the lingering oil scent aren’t my favorite.
This past year I’ve discovered what I think is the ultimate way to make french fries at home… in the air fryer! They crispy and have a fantastic texture. Short of going through the drive thru or deep frying, the air fryer is hands down the best way to make fries at home.
How To Cook Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer
While I love from scratch homemade French fries (check out my sweet potato fries!), I’m actually a big fan of frozen French fries. I always keep some on hand as they are a quick and easy side dish that everyone loves. There are so many varieties that we never get tired of them.
Let’s discuss how to make frozen french fries in an air fryer. First, please take note that below, you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about the recipe. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page
Making your air fryer frozen French fries couldn’t be easier. To begin, brush your basket with cooking oil. Next, preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees for two minutes. Then place fries in the basket. They can be stacked about half full.
Cook for six minutes then remove basket and toss the fries. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for an additional six minutes. Season/Salt and serve. You can get creative with different seasonings and dipping sauces.
Take note! There are a very wide variety of fry shapes and styles. Your fries may take slightly less time or more time, so start checking on them at about the five minute mark.
Check out all of my Air Fryer Recipes!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 serving frozen french fries of choice
- Lightly brush your air fryer basket with cooking oil. Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees for two minutes.
- Place fries in air fryer basket, they can be stacked about half full. Cook for approximately 5- 6 minutes then remove basket and toss the fries. Cook an additional 6 minutes more. Season/salt and serve immediately.