Chicken Spaghetti With Rotel is a quick and savory weeknight meal that will satisfy the whole family. This pasta dish is covered in a cheesy, creamy sauce, loaded with tender chicken and baked to perfection. Try this once and you’ll want to make it for dinner every night!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
Super Simple – With only a handful of steps, you’ll be surprised at how easy yet delightful this recipe is!
All In One – This casserole is a great all in one meal.
Comfort Food – The southern flavors baked into this chicken spaghetti casserole tastes like a big warm hug!
Kids Love It – This fun and flavorful pasta not only feeds a large family, but is sure to impress your pickiest of eaters.
Pantry Friendly – The ingredients in this dish can surely be found in your pantry! If not, they’re easy to find at your local grocery store.
Cheesy Goodness – Velveeta, cream cheese, and cheddar, oh my!
If you’re in the mood for some classic comfort food with a spicy kick, you’ve found the right recipe. Making dinner has never been easier with this flavorful Rotel chicken spaghetti dish that is not only filling and delicious, but sure to impress!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
This is an overview of the ingredients you will need to make this easy Rotel Chicken Spaghetti. Important notes and substitutions for certain ingredients are discussed. The full printable recipe, with amounts and specific details, can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – The great thing about this recipe is that you can use fresh chicken breasts or you can use up any leftover skinless boneless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken that you may have in the fridge. If you use leftover chicken, still sauté it in the butter with the onion and garlic powder, just don’t cook it as long as you would raw chicken.
- Cream of Chicken Soup or Cream of Mushroom Soup – It’s your decision on which canned soup you want to use, both will give you a pretty similar taste.
- Rotel – Rotel is just canned diced tomatoes with green chilies in them, you don’t have to use the Rotel brand, any kind works fine. You do not need to drain the Rotel before use.
- Velveeta Cheese – You can find this in packages at the grocery store, just make sure you cube it up before you cook with it!
- Cream Cheese – Cut this into cubes as well.
- Spaghetti – You’ll want to boil spaghetti noodles until they’re al dente and drain the spaghetti before using it. Don’t have spaghetti noodles on hand? You can use 8 ounces of whatever pasta noodle you prefer. Just cook it to the amount of time the box says and drain before mixing it into the sauce.
- Freshly Grated Cheddar Cheese – Freshly grated cheese melts down better than packaged pre-grated cheese, so I highly recommend grating your own.
How To Make Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
Let’s discuss the steps you’ll take to this delicious Rotel Spaghetti Chicken Recipe If you want to skip my discussion, tips, information and answers to frequently asked questions, just scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti following the instructions on the box. Grab a cutting board and begin cubing the chicken into bite size pieces while the oven preheats. Next, grab a large skillet and melt down the butter. Sauté the chicken, onion powder and garlic in the butter. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- To the skillet, pour in the canned soup, cubed Velveeta, cubed cream cheese, and diced Rotel tomatoes.
- Reduce the stove to a low heat, and cook the cheese mixture while stirring constantly until the cheese melts.
- Once combined, drain pasta and stir it into the cheese and chicken mixture until it is fully coated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish and pour in the cheesy chicken spaghetti from the skillet. Sprinkle the sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake this in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it’s heated thoroughly and the cheese on top is melted. Add the optional garnish of parsley or green onion on top, scoop it out of the dish to serve and enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Advice
Storage – Tightly cover this rotel spaghetti chicken and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat leftovers, pop the dish back in the oven and bake at 350° until heated through.
Materials – You’ll need a 2 quart casserole dish, a cutting board, a skillet, and a spatula or wooden spoon to make this dish.
More Recipes To Try
What To Serve With Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
This dish is really a meal in itself. But here are some great desserts to serve alongside this cheesy, spicy spaghetti.
More Delicious Chicken Dinners
If you enjoy this recipe, here are some other chicken recipes I think you’ll enjoy as well.
- Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Drunken Noodles
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
- Curried Chicken Salad
Chicken Spaghetti With Rotel
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10.75 ounce cream of chicken soup or cream of chicken
- 10 ounce Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies do not drain
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti cooked and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package instructions for al dente.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, then add in bite size chicken pieces. Sprinkle onion powder over chicken, and add garlic to the pan. Saute chicken for about 7-10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- To the skillet, pour in the canned soup, cubed Velveeta, cubed cream cheese, and diced Rotel tomatoes. Reduce the stove to a low heat, and cook the cheese mixture while stirring constantly until the cheese melts.
- Once combined, add in drained pasta and stir it into the cheese and chicken mixture until it is fully coated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish and pour in the cheesy chicken spaghetti from the skillet. Sprinkle the sharp cheddar cheese on top. Bake this in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it’s heated thoroughly and the cheese on top is melted. Add the optional garnish of parsley or green onion on top, scoop it out of the dish to serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.