A rich chocolate cookie and delicious salted caramel come together to create these amazing chocolate caramel cookies! You will want to add these cookies to your holiday dessert recipes!
If you are a caramel lover, you are going to need to make room for one more holiday cookie recipe on your Christmas cookie list! I love chocolate and vanilla and all that jazz, but I think caramel is my weakness. Walk me into a bakery or hand me a dessert menu and I will find the caramel. There is just that buttery warmth to caramel that is hard to top, at least in my cookie jar. These decadent and delicious chocolate cookies support an entire pool of chewy, salted caramel. Oh my. What is not to love about that?
Okay, there is one thing I don’t love about these chocolate caramel cookies. Like most things with ooey, gooey caramel, they are a bit messy. But that’s kind of the price one has to pay for that luscious lake of caramel.
I’ll admit it, I kind of have a thing with messy foods. On hands. And tables. On little faces. We aren’t in OCD territory or anything, but they bother me. A
little lot. My youngest is a very messy eater. I joke that she can somehow take one chocolate chip and cover herself and the table in chocolate somehow. Only it’s not really a joke, it’s kind of accurate. I’m guilty of sometimes wanting steering clear of certain foods or activities due to the mess factor, which becomes a stress factor for me. But there is no need to let messes stop you or cause you stress. Just grab a few Bounty Paper Towels and you’ll have clean up covered. Thanks to my friends at Bounty for sponsoring this post.
The holiday season is in full swing. Let the caramel run over your chocolate caramel cookies, allow your guests to overfill their cups of holiday cheer, and keep those DIY paper snowflakes taped to the windows for a little longer this season. Bounty helps you get through the holidays without a hitch, so you can enjoy every minute (and every cookie!) and not think about the mess. Bounty even has coupons to help save you money!
While the holidays are full of love, laughter and fun, they can also bring some craziness. There is a lot going on, that’s for sure! To keep my holiday entertaining as easy as possible, I try to keep it simple. While fancy plates and cloth napkins are gorgeous, one of my best holiday cleaning tips is to stick with paper plates and Bounty Napkins. I’d rather spend time with my friends and family then standing over the sink scrubbing dishes all evening. Some other ways I keep holiday entertaining simple include skipping a formal meal in place of lots of delicious appetizers and a big meat and cheese board, making my desserts ahead of time and having plenty of Bounty Paper Towels on hand to help with clean up. While there are a lot of Pinterest perfect table settings to try, I’ve learned that we all have a better time if we just keep it simple. A happy and relaxed hostess makes for the best holiday parties, am I right?
Now let’s make some chocolate caramel cookies!
Chocolate Caramel Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder but regular works great)
- 5 cups flour
- cup Additional 1/4 sugar
- 2 11 oz bags of caramel squares
- 4 TBSP heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugars and beat until well combined. Add oil and eggs, mix to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, dough will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough and gently roll into a ball shape, and place on the pan.
- Once cookie dough is on cookie sheet, press the bottom of a flat glass into the additional 1/4 cup sugar, and then gently press into the cookie, to make an indentation. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press the bottom of the glass into each indentation again while hot. This helps create a well for the caramel. Allow to cool completely.
- For caramel:
- Unwrap caramel and place in a large microwave safe bowl with heavy cream. Microwave for one minute on high, remove from microwave and stir well. Repeat in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until caramel is smooth and melted.
- Using a scoop, scoop some warm caramel into the well on top of each cookie. If desired sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Allow caramel to cool in order to set. These cookies are best when stored flat and not stacked.
I hope that your family enjoys these cookies, and that they are added to your holiday recipes. Remember to keep plenty of Bounty Paper Towels on hand for the holidays. When messes strike, as they always do, your clean up will be quick and easy. Thank you to Bounty for sponsoring this post and others throughout the year. I love that they let me make and share delicious recipes with YOU!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Bounty. All opinions are mine and mine alone.