This delicious and easy CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE is rich, creamy and delicious.
It’s sure to work on any chocolate craving you might have!
Easy Chocolate Mousse
On my recent Caribbean Cruise with Princess Cruises, I had the most delicious chocolate mouse. I had to recreate it to share with you.
Thank you to Princess Cruises for sponsoring this post.
While I’m not the biggest pudding person, I love chocolate mousse.
Chocolate mousse is always fantastic in a cake, but there is something so simple and delicious about letting it be it’s on dessert.
Princess Cruises Dining Options
One of my favorite things about my Princess Cruise was THE FOOD!
From breakfast buffet to Slice Pizzeria, speciality dining to Chef’s Table Experience, I always look forward to the food on a Princess Cruise.
I think one of my favorite things about cruising is how easy life is during the cruise.
As a mom a lot of mental energy goes into planning meals, be it at home or dining out. Figuring out where to go or what to make.
I’m not going to lie, I get a thrill of just strolling out of my state room and having an amazing variety of food ready and waiting.
Like chocolate mousse. I won’t lie, once I discovered it, I looked for it daily.
JUST WANT THE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE?
Most of my readers enjoy the tips, tricks, information and advice I give along with my recipes. If that’s not for you, that’s cool, scroll on down to the bottom for a printable recipe.
I’m excited to share some of the amazing food I had onboard the Caribbean Princess, including this chocolate mousse!
Warning, this may cause drooling. Apologies.
Breakfast On Princess Cruises
This was from my go to for breakfast on the Caribbean Princess, The World Fresh Marketplace. You can see my chocolate mousse hiding behind that chocolate croissant!
I love to make my breakfast plate then take it outside to enjoy.
There is nothing quite like waking up in a new part of the world each morning. It’s spectacular and I’m so thankful for the experience.
Make sure to check out my EASY FRENCH TOAST RECIPE that was also inspired by my Caribbean Cruise with Princess Cruises.
Sometimes you want your food to come to you! When that’s the case, The Ultimate Balcony Dining is absolutely perfect.
Enjoying a luxurious meal on your balcony, with the most amazing scenery, is not to be missed.
Meals On Princess Cruises
We enjoyed lunches and dinners at a number of locations around the Caribbean Princess.
I love Slice Pizzeria for a quick slice of pizza or The Salty Dog Grill for a burger.
I never pass up a stop at Coffee & Cones. Um, hello – free soft serve ice cream on demand? Yes please!
Speciality Restaurants On Princess Cruises
One of my absolute favorite restaurants is Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria.
The food is AH-MAY-ZING.
I highly recommend it. This might be my favorite Princess Cruises restaurant of them all. Because it has great ambiance with low lighting, it’s hard to get great photos, but trust me on this one.
It’s a bit dark, but oh my, Sabatini’s dessert flight anyone?
The food, the presentation, the staff – they are all top notch at this Princess Cruise Ship dining choice.
Chef’s Table On Princess Cruises
We had the privilege of enjoying a Princess Cruises Chef’s Table Experience during our Caribbean Cruise. I’m going to share a bit more about that in an upcoming post, so stay tuned. It’s an incredible experience that’s not to be missed.
The Pommes Anna was phenomenal. If you haven’t had Pommes Anna, as I hadn’t, just think of the most amazing buttery potatoes you can imagine.
It was ten times better than that.
As you can see, the dining options on The Caribbean Princess cruise are plentiful, varied and delicious.
Almost any food you can imagine is ready and waiting for you.
I wish everyday was like that. Is living on a cruise ship a thing? If so I’d like to apply.
Let’s get back to our chocolate mousse!
How Do You Make Chocolate Mousse
This mousse is fairly simple and straight forward to make. It may look like a lot of steps, but I broke down every small step in the recipe. So don’t be intimidated!
A nice bar of chocolate, chopped, works well for this recipe. Chocolate chips will do, they usually are just slightly less cooperative when melting. But it’s not a big deal.
Make sure the bowls that you use to beat your egg whites and yolks are clean, and completely dry.
I like to place a bowl in the freezer before I start this recipe. I use that bowl to whip my cream in. Not necessary, but I’ve always found it to help with whipping cream.
You can spoon the mixture into a large bowl, or leave it in the bowl you make it in. If you want to serve it individually, spoon into containers prior to putting it in the fridge to chill.
If desired, serve with whipped cream and chopped chocolate.
CLICK TO PIN THIS CHOCOLATE
MOUSSE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 2 TBSP Unsalted Butter
- 4 OZ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Chopped
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/4 CUP granulated sugar
- 1/2 CUP heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Return chocolate to microwave for 15 seconds, remove and stir well. The goal is to get the chocolate just melted. If more time is needed, heat an additional 15 seconds, remove and stir well. Repeat until chocolate and butter are just melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- Let cool slightly. The chocolate should not be so hot as to cook the egg yolk that you will be adding.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and mix well to combine.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Whisk together quickly to combine.
- Place egg whites and 2 tbsp granulated sugar into a mixing bowl and beat well with an electric mixer until mixture forms stiff peaks, approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Wash and completely dry the beaters.
- In a separate bowl combine whipping cream and remaining 2 tbsp sugar and mix until soft peaks form, approximately 20-30 seconds.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture and GENTLY fold it in until throughly combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream mixture until just combined.
- Place in refrigerator to chill. At least two hours is ideal. Mousse is best consumed with in one day. Store in refrigerator.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped chocolate if desired.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Thank you to Princess Cruises for sponsoring this post. All opinions however are mine and mine alone. #comebacknew #princesscruises #oceanmedallion
This recipe is really easy and delicious! I loved the texture and slight dark chocolate taste. I am just confused about why you don’t cook any of the eggs. Is there anything that makes the eggs same to eat? Anyway, the recipe was amazing. (I tried to rate it 5 stars but I don’t think it worked. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)