Did you know that today is National Popcorn Day? Well it is, and I think we should celebrate with some Cinnamon Sweetheart Valentine Popcorn. White chocolate coated popcorn and your favorite Valentine’s Day candies come together in this easy recipe!
This recipe is quick and easy to make! It’s decadent thanks to the white chocolate, sweet thanks to conversation hearts and has a little kick thanks to Cinnamon Imperials. Definitely great for snacking and sharing with your sweetheart.
I also added some heart sprinkles, because I like to add sprinkles to almost everything.
While I used while chocolate, you could absolutely use semi-sweet or milk chocolate in this recipe, it’s totally a matter of taste. I personally love the contrast of the creamy white chocolate with the cinnamon though, so if you like white chocolate, I highly suggest making it that way. Warning though, it’s a little bit addictive!
While you can include your Conversation Hearts in a variety of colors, for this recipe I pulled out the pink ones specifically to use. My six year old LOVES to sort and help me in the kitchen, so she was more than happy to be my sorting assistant. She’s a smart girl, she knows the helper are also the taste testers! It would also be fun to do a combo of pink, white and a third color. Get creative and come up with your own special mix.
Cinnamon Sweetheart Valentine Popcorn
- 5 Cups Popped Popcorn plain or salted
- 1 cup white chocolate (chips wafers or chopped will work)
- 1/2 cup Brach's Conversation Hearts
- 1/3 cup Brach's Cinnamon Imperials
- cup Optional - 1/4 Valentine Sprinkles
- To prepare place your popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds at 50% power, removing from microwave and stirring. Repeat until chocolate has melted and is smooth. This usually takes about 90 seconds total.
- Pour melted white chocolate onto popcorn and stir to combine.
- Spread white chocolate coated popcorn onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (for easy clean up).
- Immediately sprinkle with Conversation Hearts, Cinnamon Imperials and sprinkles.
- Allow to set up for approximately 30 minutes, or until chocolate is firm, then serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This would be fun to make and put into jars or goody bags to use as favors or sweet little Valentine’s Day gifts. I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe that makes for a fabulous Valentine’s Day themed snack. Wishing you a sweet National Popcorn Day! Break Out The Brachs! #BreakOutTheBrachs
Disclosure: I am fortunate to work as a Brand Ambassador for Brach’s, a brand I love, and am compensated for my posts. All opinions are mine and mine alone.