Cheesecake is great. Oreos are great. Cheesecake + Oreos = REALLY great. Oreo Cheesecake Bars anyone?
You just can’t go wrong with an Oreo crust. GOOD stuff. These bars come together in no time and are made in an 8×8 pan. Full size cheesecakes are usually more than we need unless we are having a big holiday get together, so I think cheesecake bars are a great option for delicious cheesecake flavor, in a more manageable size. They are quick to make, and delicious is an understatement.
I didn’t use to be a big cheesecake person, but the last year that’s been changing. I find myself making it more and more often…
Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes
Ready to make some Oreo Cheesecake Bars?
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 24 Standard size Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8 pan with foil. Have the foil overlap the sides of the pan so that you can easily remove it from the pan.
- To prepare your crust, place 24 Oreos into your food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter to your food processor and pulse until the butter is mixed into the crumbs. Press the crumbs into your prepared pan so that they create an even layer. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven (but do not turn off oven).
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth and creamy. Add in sugar and mix until creamy and the sugar has dissolved. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in vanilla and sour cream, and mixed until just combined.
- Coarsely chop your remaining Oreo cookies, then over a bowl or sink place your chopped cookies into your mesh strainer to allow the fine crumbs to separate out. Gently stir the chopped Oreos into your cheesecake mixture. Pour mixture over your crust and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes. The center does not need to be firm, but should be setting up and the edges browning.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 2-3 hours. Store covered in the fridge and serve cold.
Need even more cheesecake? Alrighty, click here!