When you say dessert, I almost always think, “chocolate!”. But there is something I really love about lime. It’s refreshing, it’s tart and sweet, it hits a lot of flavor notes and is so fabulous for summer. Every time I eat a lime dessert, I am reminded how much I enjoy them and that I really should make them more often! Today I’m going to share an easy recipe for “Key Lime” Cloud Squares that is very simple to make, but incredibly delicious and perfect to make or take to summer parties and get togethers.
This recipe comes from the folks at Kraft. It is a great balance of sweet with just that hint of tangy sour, it’s cool, creamy and has a graham cracker crust which adds a nice texture and provides a great contrast to the lime flavor.
The ingredients are really simple, but the result is a dessert that tastes like something really special.
To make your “Key Lime” Cloud Squares, you will start by pressing your graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a 9-inch square pan that has been lined with plastic wrap or foil.
Next you will add boiling water to your JELL-O and stir well until dissolved, following with the addition of ice until the mixture thickens.
After that you will beat together PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice, which is then combined with the gelatin mixture and some COOL WHIP Whipped topping. Then into the fridge it goes to chill for a few hours.
When it’s time to serve, you simply top with the remaining COOL WHIP and garnish with some graham cracker crumbs.
I love that you can make this up to 24 hours in advance, and have it in the fridge, ready and waiting to be served. In the hot summer months I like to try and make things early in the morning or even late at night, and either option would work perfectly for this.
These “Key Lime” Cloud Squares are such a great dessert option for summer.
“Key Lime” Cloud Squares
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs divided
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. 3 oz. JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- RESERVE 1 Tbsp. graham crumbs. Mix remaining crumbs with butter; press onto bottom of plastic wrap-lined 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir 2 min. or until thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in milk, then lime juice. Add gelatin; mix well. Whisk in 1 cup COOL WHIP. Pour over crust.
- REFRIGERATE 6 hours or until firm. Cover with remaining COOL WHIP just before serving; sprinkle with reserved graham crumbs. Use plastic wrap handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into squares.
Recipe Notes!Healthy LivingSave 40 calories and 3g of fat, including 2g sat fat, per serving by preparing with 1 pkg. (0.3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, low-fat sweetened condensed milk and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.!Make AheadDessert can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before covering with COOL WHIP and sprinkling with reserved crumbs.!VariationPrepare using JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin and lemon juice.Recipe provided by KRAFT
Looking for more refreshing summer desserts? Check out some of these great recipes from Kraft…
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft.