A delicious no-bake pumpkin dessert that is perfect for a busy weeknight or a holiday meal with family and friends.
The days are growing cooler and we’ve settled into our school routine which can only mean one thing, fall is here! And when fall arrives, I want to fill my kitchen with some of our favorite flavors including pumpkin, apple and cinnamon. Today I’m sharing an easy and delicious no-bake pumpkin dessert that has three layers – a spice filled pumpkin layer, a rich and creamy cream cheese layer and a crust layer made of Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes. It’s such an easy dessert and SO good!
While I love fall baking, I am also a big fan of no-bake desserts. Many no-bake desserts can be made ahead of time, which makes them perfect for those busy days that are filled with school, work, soccer practice, violin lessons, homework… all those things that keep us running! You can whip this No-Bake Pumpkin Dessert up the night before, and have a delicious dessert, that the whole family will love, ready and waiting for you.
I mentioned that the crust for this is made from Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes. I also snuck some into the cream cheese layer, and trust me, that was a GREAT idea! If you haven’t tried the new line of sweet treats from Otis Spunkmeyer, you are going to want to change that. The new line of Otis Spunkmeyer baked goods is really amazing, and I’m a pretty harsh critic when it comes to baked goods. From Iced Lemon Loaf Cake to Cinnamon Crumb Loaf to Frosted Chocolate Creme Cake With Caramel Filling, this line truly has something for everyone.
And speaking of something for everyone (or at least someone!) Otis Spunkmeyer is giving away a $250 gift card for any last minute back to school needs your family may have! Check out my Instagram to enter.
Not only do I love the taste of the Otis Spunkmeyer products, but I love that they are made with “No Funky Stuff”. You won’t find any partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors or flavors in their products.
To make this dessert, I started with my Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes, which I cut in half lengthwise. For an 8×8 pan, five creme cakes work perfectly. You can get creative with your cutting in order to best fit your pan, just place them in pan with the filling side UP. Once those are in place, you can make your cream cheese layer.
This layer is made of cream cheese, pudding, milk, vanilla, whipped topping and one more Golden Creme Cake, for good measure! This layer is combined and spread over the Golden Creme Cakes.
And finally you have your pumpkin layer, which is made from a can of pumpkin, two packages of pudding mix, milk and spices. Vanilla pudding works well, but if your store has a seasonal pumpkin pudding mix, by all means, use that. These ingredients are combined and spread over the cream cheese layer. Once your dessert is assembled, into the fridge it goes for at least six hours.
Delicious and easy!
No-Bake Pumpkin Dessert
No-Bake Pumpkin Dessert
- 5 in Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes cut half length wise
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 box vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding 3.5oz approximately
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 6 oz cream cheese softened (room temperature is best)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping or whipped cream
- 1 pieces Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cake chopped or pulled into small
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 boxes vanilla or pumpkin instant pudding 3.5oz each approximately
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1. Place Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes that have been cut in half lengthwise into an 8x8 inch pan. Place filling side facing up.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and DRY pudding mix. Once somewhat combined, add milk and vanilla and mix well for approximately 1-2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping and Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cake that has been cut into small pieces. Spread mixture over the Otis Spunkmeyer Golden Creme Cakes in pan. Place in refrigerator while you work on the next step.
- 3. In a large bowl combine DRY pudding mix and cold milk, and beat with a mixer for approximately one minute. Add in pumpkin and stir well to combine (mixture will be thick). Add in spices and stir to combine. Spread pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer of dessert. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Return to refrigerator and chill for at least six hours. Store any uneaten portions covered in refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
My family LOVED this recipe. I love that I can make it up the night before, and have it ready after everyone is done with school and work and ready for dinner and dessert. Pick up some delicious Otis Spunkmeyer Baked Goods and whip up your own delicious and easy dessert. Head here to see where you can find Otis Spunkmeyer products in your area! #OtisSnackHack #OtisSnackDown #NoFunkyStuff
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Otis Spunkmeyer. All opinions are mine and mine alone.