Rich and decadent with layers of flavor, these Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Bars are a fantastic holiday dessert. If you love the combo of rich chocolate and refreshing mint, then these brownies are for you!
On a holiday cookie tray with other treats these Peppermint Brownie Bars will pretty much steal the show. They are all kinds of minty amazingness.
This Peppermint Brownie Bar recipe is very easy to make. It starts off with a box brownie mix at the base, but it would be fantastic with my EASY BROWNIES.
After your brownies are baked and cooled, they are frosted with a delicious homemade peppermint frosting. The frosting is topped with a decadent chocolate layer which is finished off with a sprinkle of crushed candy canes.
This recipes is really quite simple when you break it down, but the taste is anything but ordinary. The layers of flavor really pop, without being overpowering.
I used a 13×9″ sized brownie recipe, but baked it in a 15×10″ pan. The brownies are the base so you don’t want them as thick as standard brownies. There is lots of other goodness that needs to go on top of them.
I can’t begin to tell you how much we loved these. My husband instantly declared this recipe a “keeper”. I totally agree with him. I mean look at those layers! Drooling!
The next time I make them, I think I might even stir some crushed candy canes into the peppermint frosting as well, just for a little extra fun texture. I really can’t get enough of candy canes, especially the crushed version. I think I could sprinkle them on anything, especially chocolate.
If you need a dessert to take to a get together, this would be a fabulous option and an absolute hit. Just be prepared to take and handout the recipe, something this delicious is going to be in demand.
Make these Peppermint Brownie Bars. You will not regret it. And if for some crazy reason you do, just call me, I’ll come over and take them off your hands. I’m helpful like that.
If you want another delicious holiday treat, check out my Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites!
Peppermint Brownie Bars
Peppermint Brownie Bars
- 1 package family-size fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons of the butter, melted, cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4. Microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwave bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
If you love chocolate and peppermint, you MUST check out this amazing round up of over 50 peppermint and candy cane flavored recipes!