Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Fun and festive Rice Krispies Treat with candy corn, holiday candy and sprinkles!
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1/4 cup Halloween sprinkles
- 1/3 cup Halloween M&Ms or white chocolate chips
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in mini marshmallows. Reduce heat to low and cook stirring continuously, until marshmallows are melted. This happens fairly quickly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, then stir in Rice Krispies cereal. Add in candy corn and M&Ms or white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan. Very gently press the the crispy treats into the pan, you don't want to compact them. Top with sprinkles, and very lightly press sprinkles into crispy treats.
- Allow to set for 45 minutes, or more, then cut and serve.
Store tightly covered for up to a week. Rice Krispie treats are best when they are fresh.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 1108IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this Recipe? Pin it!Mention @LoveFromTheOven or tag #LFTORecipes!
Abigail Nicole says
I’m looking all over for great Halloween recipes! Bookmarked this page 🙂
Abigail Nicole says
These look so yummy 🙂 I’m going to have to try them out for my Halloween party!
They don’t have the white M&Ms in Canada, at least not where I am living. I am highly annoyed to be honest. I also haven’t seen flavoured marshmallows yet but then I didn’t look for them either. Thanks for the suggestions, like that one.
Andrea, you could easily do the white chocolate chips. If you add in some sprinkles, it will give you that burst of color. And truth be told, I don’t love the white M&M’s. I am such a white chocolate fan, but something about them just isn’t quite there for me. And I will say even here in America, they were hard to find. The three Walmarts near me never had any, all of ours came from one random Walmart across town.
So fun! And have I not tried the candy corn flavored M&M’s. Going to the store now….
Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel says
Don’t bother with the Mint Chocolate Jet-Puffed’s… they taste nothing like mint OR chocolate. I was severly disappointed!
Jess, that cracks me up because I bet that’s exactly what I would think. I swear EVERY time I go to the store I see a new marshmallow variety (Pina Colada yesterday or something like that) and I kind of wonder exactly how much variety one needs with marshmallows!
The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh says
I know what my next dessert obsession will be. This weekend we’re knocking out the s’mores cravings, next weekend…krispies!
Pumpkin spice marshmallows do sound a big odd to me but caramel and vanilla ones? Perfect!
I was wondering what to do with my big bag of candy corn and now I know – these will go down a treat at Halloween!
Lori Hart says
I’m a true lover of pumpkin and I’m right there with you on the Pumpkin Spice Marshmellows….really didn’t like them at all which totally broke my heart. I guess I need to look for the Carmel and Vanilla, those sound really good!
Oh I tried the Pumpkin Spice marshmallows and made rice krispie treats!!! They were delicious!!! And re: Candy Corn recipe…I love that you added white chocolate to the recipe!! Yum!!!
Festive Party Girl - Angie says
How can you go wrong with Rice Krispies and candy corn? What a great looking treat.