I love baking loaves of bread for people. Bread is such a great comfort food, and a loaf of bread usually travels well and is almost always very well received.
Add a little Nutella on top of fresh baked bread – yes indeed, that is happiness.
Here’s my recipe for Cinnamon Banana Bread, in case you want to bake up a loaf and spread the happy.
Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup butter softened and almost melted, but not quite
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt vanilla is a good flavor choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips optional
- Nutella for spreading optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, combine bananas and butter and mix well. Stir in eggs, mixing well to combine. Add in Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and sugars, and stir well to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Gently stir wet ingredients together with dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch bread loaf pan that has been generously sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle cinnamon chips over top of bread.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, then gently cover with foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes (a total time of one hour), or until a knife inserted into center of bread comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice bread, spread with Nutella and share the happy with others!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutella® hazelnut spread is a happy start to every day! Pick up a jar of Nutella in the spreads aisle and enjoy it with whole wheat toast, waffles, pancakes, strawberries, bananas and many other foods. Nutella. Spread the Happy™.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by the makers of Nutella via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nutella.