While I love a good chocolate cake, this white chocolate cake might be one of my favorite cakes of all time. It is rich and buttery and covered in a decadent white chocolate ganache.
And because I like to keep things easy, this is a Bundt cake. I kind of love Bundt cakes. You only need one pan, and you can simply pour on your frosting or glaze, or skip it all together if you are a minimalist.
If you love making bundt cakes (or think you need to start!) you’ll want to make sure to have a great bundt cake pan. The only time I don’t love a bundt cake is when it won’t come out of the pan easily. No good. I checked the Cooks Illustrated reviews bundt cake pans and the Nordic Ware Platinum Collection Anniversary Bundt Pan was their top pick. They also liked the Baker’s Secret Non-Stick Fluted Tube Pan. One of their other choices included the Nordic Ware Bundt Bakeware 12 Cup Formed Bundt Pan. I use a non-stick bundt cake pan from Wilton that I’ve been very happy with.
This cake starts from a cake mix, and can be made quickly and easily. I promise you the end result gives no indication whatsoever that a cake mix was involved. If you can’t find white chocolate pudding, you can always go with a vanilla pudding, I truly don’t think you’ll notice much of a difference.
To help spread the white chocolate flavor, I added white chocolate chips to the batter. In order to make them go as far as possible, I use a knife to chop up about half the white chocolate chips, giving you a better chance of getting that white chocolate flavor in each and every bite. This step is optional, but I highly recommend it.
If you can’t get enough white chocolate, try my White Chocolate Chip Cookies as well!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE
White Chocolate Cake
- Bundt Pan
- 1 standard size vanilla cake mix
- 1 package white chocolate pudding – DRY MIX 3.3oz size box (approx) or use vanilla flavored pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream full fat prefered
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks or chips, chopped
- 8 oz of chopped white chocolate the baking bars typically give a thicker glaze than the chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream half and half can also work, but the glaze will be thinner and more transparent
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined.
- 3. Spoon batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or white chocolate glaze if desired.
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works best) combine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake. Enjoy.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
PIN TO SAVE THIS RECIPE
And if you like this bundt cake, may I suggest my chocolate version…