A Chocolate Bundt Cake that is rich, delicious and easy to make. If you love Bundt cake, then you are going to want to put this chocolate bundt cake recipe on your baking to do list
Look at all that chocolate.
I’ve been all about bundt cakes lately. They are incredibly simple to make and the end result is always delicious. Bundt cakes tend to be a bit more dense, where layer cakes are a bit more airy. If you like a thicker cake with more body, a Bundt cake is the way to go.
Decorating Bundt Cakes
Bundt cakes are easy to decorate. Decorating cakes is really not my favorite thing to do. This Chocolate Bundt Cake, like other Bundts, doesn’t need much decoration, if any!
You can serve this cake without any frosting or glaze if desired. Sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on it and it’s ready to serve.
However, if you are the go big or home type, I suggest topping this Chocolate Bundt Cake with chocolate ganache or a glaze. All you have to do is pour it on. No cake decorating skills, piping or offset spatula required.
This easy chocolate bundt cake is everything I love in a chocolate cake, it’s rich, it’s fudgy, it’s moist and it’s packed with chocolate. And that chocolate ganache that it’s topped with? Amazing. So much about this cake to love!
Bundt Cake Mix Recipe
This bundt cake starts from a cake mix. Don’t get me wrong, many of my cakes are made from scratch. But this cake recipe gets more rave reviews than almost any other cake recipe I’ve made.
When I make this cake for people, they are always shocked that it started from a box mix. Try it, I promise you’ll be impressed.
If you would like a Homemade Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe, try my Chocolate Overload Cake.
Bundt Cake Ingredients
While this cake is nice enough to serve to company or bring to an event, it’s easy enough to make as a weeknight treat. The ingredients are simple, there is nothing complicated or difficult to get your hands on.
Ingredients you will need include:
- Chocolate cake mix
- Sour cream
- Chocolate pudding mix (dry mix)
- Water or Coffee
- Chocolate Chips
For the ganache I use chocolate and heavy cream.
One of my favorite tips for baking with chocolate. Replace the water called for in the recipe with coffee for an even deeper chocolate flavor!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
There is not much needed equipment wise to make this recipe. You will however need a Bundt Cake pan. I have this one from Amazon. I’ve also seen it in store at Walmart and Target. It is a standard size Bundt Pan, holding approximately 10 cups.
A note about Bundt pans. You need to make sure they are sprayed well with non-stick cooking oil, or buttered and floured. I personally have better luck going with just non-stick cooking oil. Also, make sure to spray it right before you are ready to use it. If you spray the non-stick spray to early, it can pool in the bottom of the pan.
An electric mixer or stand mixer isn’t required, but does make mixing easier.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
If you love bundt cakes as much as I do, I have some additional recipes you’ll want to try? I’ve got some great suggestions for you. Check out some of my favorite Bundt Cake Recipes found here on Love From The Oven:
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Bundt
- Lemon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- Lime Bundt Cake
- White Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Funfetti Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Carrot Bundt Cake
My fellow bloggers also have some great Bundt Cake recipes.
- This Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake from TidyMom look perfect for the raspberry lovers.
- If you are a Kahlua fan, this Kahlua Coffee Poke Cake looks outrageously delicious. What if you want to double your chocolate?
- It’s Yummi has a Double Chocolate Bundt Cake that delivers on the chocolate overload.
Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 standard size chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.9oz (4 Serving Size) Box Chocolate Pudding Mix Dry mix will be added directly to cake ingredients
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- 2/3 cup chopped chocolate semi-sweet or milk chocolate work well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or chocolate glaze if desired.
- For glaze:
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works bescombine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
After you make this cake be ready to share it as quickly as you can, unless you have a lot more self control than I do! Enjoy!