If you love cake, then you are going to want to put this easy chocolate bundt cake on your baking to do list! Look at ALL that chocolate!
I’ve been all about bundt cakes lately. They are incredibly simple to make and the end result is always delicious. Decorating cakes is really not my favorite thing to do, so pouring ganache or glaze over a cake and calling it good – I love that!
This easy chocolate bundt cake is everything I love in a chocolate cake, it’s rich, it’s fudgy, it’s moist and it’s packed with chocolate. And that chocolate ganache that it’s topped with? Amazing. So much about this cake to love!
This cake starts from a cake mix. I am ALL about doctoring cake mixes. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll whip cakes up from scratch as well, but I love the simplicity and ease of starting with a box mix and transforming it into a totally amazing cake.
While this cake is nice enough to serve to company or bring to an event, it’s easy enough to make as a weeknight treat. And the ingredients are simple, nothing complicated or difficult to get your hands on. You’ll need a cake mix, eggs, sour cream, chocolate pudding mix, oil, water and chocolate chips for the cake. For the ganache I use chocolate and heavy cream (though I often use half and half as we always have it on hand for coffee). Another tip is to replace the water called for in the recipe with coffee for an even deeper chocolate flavor!
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
Do you want even more more easy chocolate bundt cake in your life? I’ve got some great suggestions for you! This Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake from TidyMom look perfect for the raspberry lovers. If you are a Kahlua fan, this Kahlua Coffee Poke Cake looks outrageously delicious. What if you want to double your chocolate? It’s Yummi has a Double Chocolate Bundt Cake that delivers on the chocolate overload. And we didn’t forget about the peanut butter lovers! I’ve got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake that you must try! Now let’s get ready to make this Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake!
EASY CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 standard size chocolate cake mix
- 1 oz package (3.9 - 4 Serving Sizchocolate pudding - DRY MIX
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- 2/3 cup chopped chocolate semi-sweet or milk chocolate work well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or chocolate glaze if desired.
- For glaze:
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works bescombine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake.
After you make this cake be ready to share it as quickly as you can, unless you have a lot more self control than I do! Enjoy!