This delicious chocolate chip loaf recipe is so good that it makes it easy to not hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off at 5am. Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration. But it will make your mornings sweeter and the 5am alarm slightly less painful, at least once you’ve made it to the kitchen.
I’m a breakfast person. I always have been. I hear people talking about skipping breakfast and I’m like, WHAT DO YOU MEAN SKIP BREAKFAST??? WHY??? Breakfast is pretty much the main reason I get out of bed in the morning. And it has been, my entire life. Hungry girl problems.
I am not a breakfast skipper. I am a “do not talk to me, interact with me, or look at me until I’ve had my breakfast” type of person. I think about breakfast before I fall asleep. I think about breakfast when I don’t fall asleep (oh hey insomnia!). It doesn’t matter if it’s a bowl of oatmeal, eggs or a yummy chocolate chip bread like this, I’m pretty laser focused on spending some quality time with it immediately after leaving my bed. Food first. Life next. Breakfast skipping, seriously, how is that a thing. Or when someone says, I forgot to eat breakfast, I’m like forgot? I mean I might forget that I already ate breakfast, and then eat second breakfast, at which point I’m bordering on becoming a Hobbit, but I’m never going to forget to eat breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, the struggle is real…).
Typically I’m all about the whole grains in my breakfast breads, and bake most of my breads and muffins with whole wheat flour. They aren’t quite as decadent, but you know, fiber, protein, all that good stuff. But guess who forgot to buy whole wheat flour at the store? Guilty as charged. So this bread was made with all purpose flour. I almost forgot how crazy fantastic all purpose flour is in breads. It’s kind of like eating buttery clouds for breakfast. With chocolate. It’s GOOD.
Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I prefer minis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl using your mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla. Mix well.
- Add half the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add half the buttermilk and stir until just combined. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Do not over mix, you just want to make sure the dry and wet ingredients are combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean . Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack . Remove from pan and enjoy!
Recipe NotesAdapted from Cooking Light
If you like breakfast, and things like chocolate chips, then I feel like you are a kindred spirit. Oh, wait, I meant check out these recipes you might enjoy!