This week I’m spreading more happy with Nutella, and spreading Nutella on some delicious chocolate chip muffins that are sure to bring some happy to your morning.
All summer long I’ve been sharing with you some of the ways that I’m spreading happiness in my life. I’m a big believer that breakfast is a very important part of the day, not just for filling stomachs, but also for getting the day started on a positive note. Years ago I started making muffins for breakfast for my oldest daughter, and my youngest daughter has followed in her big sister’s footsteps with her love of muffins in the morning. They sit at the table in the morning, eating their muffins, as we chat about the day ahead. While those muffins make them happy, that time with all of us at home, before the crazy day starts, makes ME happy.
This muffin recipe is a great way to start the day, and also would make a great little gift to spread the happy to some friends or family. Fill a basket with some fresh baked muffins, and tuck in a jar of Nutella, and let me tell you, you will without a doubt make someone quite happy.
While I made my muffins with mini chocolate chips you could use other chips, blueberries or other fruits. The muffin base is perfect for stirring in whatever sounds good to you.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- coarse sugar for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter, sugars, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Stir in eggs and milk, mix until well combined.
- Mix in flour and chocolate chips, stirring until just combined, do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners.
- Sprinkle a bit of coarse sugar on top off each muffin if desired.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Serve and top with Nutella spread. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
So bake up a batch of fresh muffins and spread some happy around your home, family and friends! Looking for more ways to enjoy Nutella and spread the happy? I’ve got some for you!
The folks at Nutella would love to have you share your #spreadthehappy pictures on the Nutella Tumblr page. I look forward to sharing more ways that I plan to “Spread The Happy” this summer.
Nutella® hazelnut spread is a happy start to every day! Pick up a jar of Nutella in the spreads aisle and enjoy it with whole wheat toast, waffles, pancakes, strawberries, bananas and many other foods. Nutella. Spread the Happy™.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by the makers of Nutella via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nutella.