Take your Chex Mix to a whole new festive level with Chocolate Chex Mix! This delicious holiday Chex Mix recipe is full of flavor thanks to both chocolate and peppermint!
Chocolate Chex Mix
It’s time to start planning the holiday parties and get togethers, and of course one of the stars of the show at any holiday event with friends and family is the food!
If you are like me and like to make a lot of treats during the holidays, it helps to have some really simple, yet delicious recipes that you can whip up in no time. This Chocolate Chex Mix certainly fits the bill!
Holiday Chex Mix
This recipe from Chex is incredibly easy and is full of chocolate, mint and lots of great crunch.
It’s a fabulous snack to serve at your holiday parties or get togethers, and it also packages up nicely if you want to give some as a sweet treat. And the best part is that it only takes four ingredients and fifteen minutes to make.
To make this recipe you start with both Chocolate Chex cereal and Corn Chex cereal.
You melt some chocolate chips, or mint chocolate chips, in your microwave and then add them to your cereal, stirring well to coat.
Once they are combined you microwave the mixture for about three minutes, stirring every minute. After that you spread your mixture onto a prepared baking sheet, add your mint chocolate candies such as M&Ms, and let it cool. It’s SO simple. The hardest part is not snacking on it the entire time!
You can serve this in a bowl, in individual cups or for gift giving I’m fond of putting it in a mason jar and topping it with a bow. So cute and easy to give (and eat!).
Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe
Chocolate Chex Mix
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint flavored dark chocolate pieces
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal. Set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave mint chips uncovered on Medium (50%) about 1 minute, stir. Microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, until chocolate is mostly melted and can be stirred smooth. Pour over cereal, evenly coating pieces.
- Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on waxed paper; cool 5 minutes. Stir in candies. Store tightly covered.
If you love this Chocolate Chex Mix recipe, make sure to check out my Sugar Cookie Chex Mix post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ChexTM. The opinions and text are all mine.