Chocolate and peanut butter, peanut butter and chocolate, these two BFFs come together to create this delicious chocolate peanut butter bundt cake!
It’s really hard to beat the combo of chocolate and peanut butter. I’m also a little bit obsessed with bundt cakes. They are so incredibly easy to make and there’s no stress in finishing them off with fancy icing or piping on the buttercream. Just pour on some glaze or frosting and serve it up. I mean look at the chocolate and peanut butter glazes coating the top of this chocolate peanut butter bundt cake, it makes me want to grab the closest fork and dig right in. And it’s easy peasy, which is my favorite kind of dessert.
Oh, look at that filling, and some peanut butter chips for good measure! You could throw some chocolate chips in there as well if you wanted to go even crazier with it.
This recipe starts with a chocolate cake mix that is doctored up to create a rich, moist and delicious chocolate cake. I think the real star of this cake is the peanut butter filling layer. The peanut butter filling is a delicious combination of peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. If you love peanut butter cups or peanut butter balls, the filling will remind you of those! Let’s make some cake! As I mentioned, this cake starts from a cake mix. There are variations in cake mix size these days, but I have made this cake with everything from a 15oz to 18oz size cake mix, and it has worked out wonderfully no matter which size I’m using. Any standard chocolate cake mix will work, and you can get creative with flavors, from milk to dark chocolate.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- 1 standard size chocolate cake mix
- 1 oz package chocolate pudding - DRY MIX 3.9 . - 4 Serving Size
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips optional
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 2/3 cup chopped chocolate semi-sweet or milk chocolate work well
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
For Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Combine all of the cake ingredients and mix with a mixer until combined. Do not over mix, but make sure all dry ingredients and wet ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well with a mixer.
- 4. Spoon half of cake batter into a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon peanut butter filling on top of the cake batter. Top with remaining cake batter.
- 5. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from bundt pan and top with powdered sugar or chocolate and peanut butter glaze if desired.
- In a large microwave safe bowl (glass works best) combine chopped chocolate (or peanut butter chips) and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and whisk together until smooth (stirring will help melt chocolate). If needed, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour over cake.
Want MORE chocolate and peanut butter? I hear you. And I’ve got you covered. Check out these posts that are packed FULL of peanut butter and chocolate!
Or these recipes that all use peanut butter cups…