It seems like kids everywhere are settled back into school and we are all getting back into the swing of the school routines. With so many schools always struggling for funding, back to school also means back to school fundraisers for many of us. If you have bake sale coming up and are looking for something easy yet a little different, I have the perfect treat for you to make. Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cupcakes.
I absolutely adore brownie cupcakes. Everything you love about brownies, in cupcake form. Truth be told, I’ll take a brownie cupcake over a regular cupcake anytime that I have the chance. Something about that dense fudgey texture just always wins out for me.
These quick and easy cupcakes are made with your favorite brownie mix and canned frosting (or go with your favorite homemade recipes – whatever works for you) and get their raspberry flavor from the delicious addition of McCormick Raspberry Extract. It’s amazing how a few teaspoons of McCormick Raspberry Extract can totally change the flavor of your brownies. It’s incredibly easy to mix it up and give those brownies a whole new taste. I recently used McCormick Raspberry Extract to make homemade Blue Raspberry Slushees for my kids, which have been a huge hit, and it’s fun giving a raspberry spin to other recipes as well.
I used a dark chocolate fudge brownie mix to make my brownie cupcakes and it pairs so well with the raspberry.
I baked my cupcakes in my typical cupcake liners and gave them a fun extra finish by popping them into cute little paper party cups. If you are making cupcakes for a school bake sale, this is a nice way to easily add some whimsy to the packaging and a perfect way to work some school colors into the mix.
I think these would also be delicious with McCormick Pure Orange Extract. Such a great trick to have in your baking toolbox, simply add in a few teaspoons of extract to create fun new flavor combinations. I think that McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract will be an awesome addition to brownies, cupcakes and frostings during the holidays.
Here is the recipe for these Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cupcakes. Remember, feel free to use your favorite brownie or frosting recipe, or go with a box mix. As I always say, whatever works for YOU!
Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 package family-size 13x9 pan fudge brownie mix
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 1 container 16 ounces chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to temperature listed on your brownie mix.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Stir in raspberry extract. Scoop into a cupcake pan filled with 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake approximately 20-30 minutes (this will vary based on your brownie brand or recipe) or until toothpick inserted near the edge comes out mostly clean - remember brownies will not be as solid as cupcakes when baking. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the Frosting, stir raspberry extract into chocolate frosting. Spread over cooled brownie cupcakes.
What desserts would you add McCormick Raspberry Extract to?
Disclosure: I am compensated by McCormick Spice for my post, but all opinions are, as always, mine and mine alone.