This light and sweet Cinnamon Whipped Cream Recipe is so simple to make and is unbelievably delicious. Made in under 10 minutes, this recipe tastes like soft cinnamon dreams. Use this as a topping on your favorite fall pies and cakes or as a dip for your favorite fruits.
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
Quick and Easy – Made in under 10 minutes, this whipped cream makes such a great addition to any dessert!
Minimal Ingredients – This recipe only has four ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Sweet, Spice and Everything Nice! – Who would’ve thought that adding cinnamon to whipped cream could be so magical.
Fresh Whipped Cream – If you’ve never had fresh whipped cream before, you have to try out this recipe, you’ll never go back!
I won’t judge if you eat this by the spoonful, it is just THAT good. Otherwise, grab yourself a whipped cream canister and decorate your favorite fall desserts with a spritz of this incredible whipped cream; like these Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
Let’s discuss how to make this recipe, as well as the ingredients that are needed. Please take note that below you will find discussion, expert tips, and answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe to help you recreate it in your kitchen. If you *just* want the recipe itself, scroll down. The full printable recipe itself, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of this page.
Heavy Whipping Cream – You’ll want to make sure you get heavy whipping cream specifically, and you’ll also want to be sure the cream is very cold before you use it.
Powdered Sugar – Also known as confectioners sugar, there is no substitute for this ingredient.
Cinnamon – If you like a stronger cinnamon flavor, you can add a bit more to this recipe to your discretion. If you want to get a little fancier you can also add pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg for some extra fall flavor.
Vanilla Extract – For an extra hint of sweetness!
How To Make Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Grab a bowl and pour in the cold heavy whipping cream. Starting at medium speed, begin whipping the cream with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. The cream should get frothy and bubbly at the beginning.
- Once it does, increase the speed to high and continue whipping for 3-4 minutes. The cream will thicken and stiff peaks should form.
- Once you see stiff peaks, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and beat on high until all the ingredients are incorporated. Don’t over mix.
Tips and Advice
Storage – Cover the whipped cream tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the back of the fridge where the air is the coldest. It will stay fresh for about 2 days.
Materials – You’ll need a bowl, a hand or stand mixer and some measuring cups and spoons.
The whipped cream is able to stay firm because of the fat content in the cream, but also the powdered sugar has a bit of starch in it which allows it to thicken up.
When you ‘over whip’ your whipped cream, you beat the air pockets out of the cream that cause it to firm up, so the whipped cream will break down.
If you use this cinnamon whipped cream to frost a cake, it won’t last long at room temperature, so frost it right before you serve the cake. If you keep it in the fridge it can last about 1-2 days.
What To Serve Cinnamon Whipped Cream With
Use this Cinnamon Whipped cream as a topping for your favorite pumpkin desserts like Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Dump Cake, Pumpkin Bundt Cake, Pumpkin Ice Cream, Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats or of course Pumpkin Pie. You can also use it as a dip for your favorite fruits and cookies, or pair it with some apple desserts like Apple Spice Cake and Caramel Apple Pie!
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream make sure it's VERY cold
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon you can use more if you like a stronger cinnamon flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the cold heavy cream into a clean bowl. Use a hand or stand mixer to begin whipping the cream. Start out at medium speed. The cream will start to get frothy and bubbly. Continue beating on high for 3-4 minutes until the cream fully thickens and creates stiff peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar,cinnamon and vanilla extract and beat on high again until fully incorporated.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.