Looking for a really quick and easy dinner idea? One so simple even the kids can make it? Easy French Bread Pizzas should do the trick.
While I was making the kabobs, my daughter (who will take a piece of French bread over a cupcake anytime – the girl loves her bread) asked if we could use slices of the French bread to make pizzas. Sure, why not?
This would be a great weeknight dinner where the kids could help out and each make their own pieces of pizza. Sit out the toppings and let them go to work assembling their dinner while the oven preheats, maybe even get them to make yours! They only take a few minutes in the oven (we baked these for about 8 minutes, but you could go anywhere from 7-12 probably). Dinner could be on the table in 20 minutes!
You can really use whatever you have on hand to make these with. Pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce will work, or even an alfredo or a pesto sauce. Top with cheese and your favorite toppings, or whatever you have on hand – a great way to use some leftover veggies! You can also throw together a salad using many of the same ingredients. Gotta love multi-tasking meals!
Add a salad and dinner is ready.
Nice and cheesy.
Easy French Bread Pizzas
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup of sauce of your choice for each slice
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup of cheese for each slice
- Toppings of your choice - whatever you enjoy pepperoni, sausage, olives, peppers, pineapple, mushrooms, use what you like.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice French bread into pieces approximately 1" thick.
- Top each piece with sauce of choice.
- Add cheese and toppings to each slice.
- Place slices onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 7-12 minutes depending on how browned you like your toppings to be. Remove from oven and serve.
Don’t forget to try the fun kabob version of this recipe. It’s a great option for those who want a little less bread and more toppings and veggies.