This quick and Easy Fried Rice recipe is as versatile as it is delicious. A flavorful combo of rice, veggies and scrambled eggs, it’s always a hit at our dinner table. You can have the dine-out dish you love, at home, in less time then it takes to get carry out. With the addition of chicken, it makes for an all-in-one main dish my family loves.
Reasons To Make Easy Fried Rice:
- It’s a great meal for a busy weeknight.
- This recipe is flexible when it comes to ingredients, it’s a great way to use up leftovers.
- You can have that delicious restaurant fried rice taste at home, in less time than take-out.
- Leave the chicken out and you have a fantastic side dish everyone will love.
How To Make Fried Rice
My family loves rice dishes, and this fried rice recipe is no exception. It’s such a great combo of flavors and textures, and I love how quick and easy it is. One of my favorite ways to make this is to make it with leftovers and frozen veggies. I find it’s a fantastic way to use up that one left over chicken breast we sometimes end up with. The beauty of this recipe is that you could use that one chicken breast, two chicken thighs, no chicken, whatever you like! There really is no right or wrong here.
The basic ingredients you need to make this dish are shown in the image below.
Long-grain rice is a great choice when making fried rice. You want a rice that cooks up fluffy versus sticky. While minute rice has it’s uses, I advise against it when making fried rice. To cook my rice I love my rice cooker, and find it’s incredibly easy to use. Check out my post on how I make rice in the Aroma Rice Cooker.
As mentioned, I’m a fan of using up leftover chicken with this recipe. I find any grilled, baked or roasted chicken works well with this recipe. When I’m feeling organized, I will make a rice and chicken dish with plenty of leftovers to create this recipe a night or two later.
Tips For An Easy Meal
- Use leftover, pre-cooked or even rotisserie chicken to cut down on prep & cook time.
- Frozen veggies work perfectly, but fresh, or even leftover veggies, also work.
- This recipe actually works best with cold rice, so you can easily make it the day before.
- When it comes to eggs, you can use none, or you can use many.
More Easy Dinner Recipes To Try
If you like this recipe, here are some other recipes I would recommend.
- Easy Nachos
- Sausage Pasta
- Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Maple Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice chilled
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12-16 oz bag frozen peas & carrots *thawed
- 1-2 cooked boneless chicken breasts cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add rice, peas and carrots, chicken and garlic to pan, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until throughly combined and warm.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to rice, stir well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, rice mixture can be pushed to the side of the pan or removed from the pan, then scramble eggs in pan. Once eggs are cooked combine with rice and mix. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy.