Easy Homemade Pretzels are a delicious snack that my family loves. If a warm, buttery soft pretzel sounds good to you, then you’ll want to save this Easy Homemade Pretzel recipe. Thanks to rapid rise yeast, these pretzels are both easy and quick to make.
My girls absolutely love homemade pretzels. And when I say my girls, I admit that I’m one of those pretzel loving girls. Last week my older daughter was crazing pretzels, so we decided it was time to whip up a batch of Easy Homemade Pretzels.
I always loved the pretzels at the mall growing up. My girls do as well, but now that many pretzel places have nuts as a pretzel topping, we have to avoid the pretzel stores due to my daughter’s food allergies. But one just can’t give up warm, delicious, salty pretzels.
So homemade pretzels to the rescue.
I used rapid rise yeast for these pretzels, which cuts down on the rising times, as well as the proofing. I do think that longer rises and traditional yeast in bread products gives the most robust taste, but if you are craving soft pretzels and don’t want to wait a full day to make them, then this easy pretzel recipe is a great way to go.
Easy Homemade Pretzels
- Cookie Sheet
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Need 4 to 4 1/2 cups
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast this is equal to 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp corn or canola oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- coarse salt
- Combine 2 cups flour, the sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat milk, water, and oil until very warm, approximately 120° to 130°F. Stir warm liquids into flour mixture. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide into 10 equa sizel pieces. Roll each piece to 20-inch rope. Cover and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes until risen slightly. To shape into pretzels: Curve ends of each rope to make a circle; cross ends at top. Twist ends once and lay over bottom of circle. Place on 2 greased baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten eggs then bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; brush again with eggs. Sprinkle with salt, cheese, poppy seed, or sesame seed.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until done. Remove pretzels from baking sheets; let cool on wire racks.
Can’t get enough pretzel goodness? I hear ya! I’ve got some other delicious pretzel recipes for you to try!
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
- How To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Pretzel Bread
- Easy Pretzel Rolls
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Fudge
Originally published July 2019