All you need is chocolate and strawberries to make these more sweet than spooky Easy Strawberry Ghosts!
We are big fans of all things Halloween around here. Ghosts and goblins and spooky treats, oh my! While I love to decorate and bake all the fun treats I can, truth be told I’m off scrambling at the last minute to find quick and easy things I can put together. Shhhh… blogger secret, while we usually have it all together, festive and ready to go on the blog, often that’s not the case behind the blog, at least for this blogger! And that’s why I love an easy and adorable Halloween treat that you can whip up in no time, like these Easy Strawberry Ghosts.
These chocolate dipped strawberry ghosts are SO simple to make, there is no baking, they are made with fruit and they are darling. This is a winning combo in my book. You can whip these up in no time, which is great if you find yourself the day late and dollar short mom who is frazzled and scrambling to get it all done, as I always seem to be! You can have these made and ready in less than 20 minutes, easily. You can even have the kids help.
To make these I simply melted Baker’s Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate Bar, dipped my strawberries into the white chocolate and finished them off by melting some semi-sweet chocolate morsels to use to make their little faces. The only thing hard about this recipe is not consuming it while you are making it. The struggle is real on that one, take my word for it.
A great way to let the kids help out is to let them dip the strawberries into the white chocolate. With two people dipping, you can have this done in about ten minutes. Then you resist the urge to eat them, and pop them into the freezer for five minutes. During that time you can get your semi-sweet chocolate ready, and then it’s just a matter or drawing the little faces on.
We tried to give ours some different faces and expressions. I think my favorite is the little screaming guy laying on his side.
Easy Strawberry Ghosts
Easy Strawberry Ghosts
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces Baker’s Premium White Chocolate Morsels chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1.Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- 2.Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts' tails. Freeze 5 minutes.
- 3.In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw two eyes and a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers.
These Easy Strawberry Ghosts are definitely a Halloween treat that both the kids and adults will love. These are perfect for Halloween party or even having on hand for Halloween night when friends and neighbors drop by. Chocolate and strawberries, what’s not to love?
While you have that white chocolate out, check out some other fun Halloween treats like these No-Bake Cake Pop Cones.
Originally published September 2015.