Who loves chips, salsa, guacamole, margaritas, cupcakes and catching up with friends? Me! I do! Surely I can’t be alone on this one. Heck, those are easily a few of my favorite things, life’s simple yet happy pleasures. Today I’m sharing some recipes and ideas for a fabulous, and margarita filled, girls night.
Homemade guacamole is quick and easy to make at home!
When it comes to this combo of foods, I figure if there is something I want to make from scratch, it’s the guacamole. I like a fresh, chunky and somewhat spicy guacamole with lots of lime and garlic. Seriously, that, a bowl of chips!
Seriously simple, totally do-able, completely delicious. Now for some recipes for you! The guac recipe is found below the Sauza-Rita recipe.
Sauza-Rita Margarita Recipe
- 1 can Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila*
- 1 bottle light beer
- 1 can frozen limeade
- 1 can water
*If Sauza® Blue Silver isn’t available, try Sauza® Silver
Pour limeade and beer into a pitcher with ice. Fill limeade can with Sauza® Blue Silver and pour into pitcher. Finally, add a can of water, stir and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Sauza Tequila.
- 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon Sazua Tequila can be omitted if desired
- 2-3 plum tomatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro can be omitted if desired
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Up to 1 full jalapeno pepper finely diced
- Sea salt to taste I like 1-2 teaspoons
- Combine all ingredients and gently mash. If you like your guacamole chunky, do not over mix.
- *Feel free to add in some chopped up red bell pepper or serrano peppers.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
I truly love this idea for an easy Cinco De Mayo get together, or any other night that you can clear a little time to hang out with friends, sip some Sauza-Ritas and catch up on life, and those margarita moments that seem to happen all the time, at least to me!
Cheers, and a Happy Cinco De Mayo to you!