More muffins for you today! With both my girls eating homemade muffins for breakfast, and sometimes for snacks, I easily make a batch a week. Having recently switched our youngest daughter to a gluten free diet, I’m trying my hand at gluten free baking, which can be a bit frustrating sometimes. I recently came across a gluten free flour mix called Cup4Cup that measures exactly like flour does, making it super easy to use in recipes in place of all purpose or whole wheat flour. I used it to make some fabulous gluten free cinnamon rolls, and I figured that given our love of muffins, it was time for a gluten free muffin recipe with Cup4Cup. By the way, if you are fine with gluten, just use all purpose flour in place of the Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour.
I think we can say these were a success! While I’ve made quite a few gluten free muffins using oat flour, they just don’t rise up and dome nicely the way I like. Clearly using Cup4Cup gives me that wonderful big, pretty bakery style muffin.
These are a gluten free take on one of my favorite chocolate muffin recipes. They were a hit with everyone in the house, and you would never (ever) know that they were gluten free. They taste just like a delicious chocolate muffin, nothing funky, gritty or different about them at all. While only one of us is eating completely gluten free, the reality is that making different recipes for us to eat isn’t very practical, so whatever I make has to go over well with everyone in the house, which isn’t easy with picky eaters. These muffins totally passed the picky (flour eater) test.
You can pull this recipe together in no time, and the Cup4Cup flour worked wonderfully. It’s great to have a nice gluten free flour that doesn’t require extra math or kitchen science, just swap it out for your all purpose flour in recipes. You can find Cup4Cup on Amazon, at select stores (I picked some up at Sprouts) and from the Cup4Cup website.
Chocolate Muffins - Gluten Free
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 1/3 Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips nuts or other mix ins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree, mix or blend bananas until smooth. Add in butter and yogurt and mix until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Stir in sugar until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix white whole wheat flour, dark cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Combine wet and dry ingredients, add in milk and stir until well combined. Scoop into a muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper liners. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Another great gluten free breakfast made with Cup4Cup are these delicious gluten free cinnamon rolls!
Can you tell I love breakfast foods? I am loving that I can make some of our favorite recipes, gluten free, easily with Cup4Cup, allowing us to all enjoy the foods we love, while accommodating my youngest daughter’s gluten free diet.