Graham Cracker Pie Crust is not only delicious – it’s quick and easy to make! There’s no need to run out to buy a premade crust when you can make one yourself in just minutes. No matter what you fill it with, your family will love when this crust is a piece of the pie!
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe!
- It tastes better than the ready made pie crusts on your grocery store shelves.
- When you use a premade graham crust, it has to stay in the foil pan you purchased it in. When you make your own, you can use beautiful pie pans for your pies.
- It perfectly compliments so many pie fillings.
- While this recipe is baked for ten minutes to really help it hold together, in a pinch you could skip that step and do a no-bake graham cracker crust if desired.
How To Make Graham Cracker Crust
Making a homemade graham cracker crust is simple. You only need three ingredients: graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. That’s it!
You can use premade graham cracker crumbs, or make your own. This can be done be either crushing graham crackers or using a food processor. To crush your own by hand, I recommend placing your graham crackers into a gallon freezer style bag, then using a rolling pin to break them up.
The ingredients are simply mixed together.
Then they are placed into a 9 inch pie pan or an 8×8 inch baking pan.
Using your fingertips, they are pressed evenly along the bottoms and sides of the pan.
Then the crust is baked, empty, for ten minutes.
For most pies, you will want to allow the pie crust to cool prior to adding the filling. For pies that you will bake, it’s fine to fill them while it’s warm. You can easily prepare the crust in advance, then add the filling later in the day. Once it has fully cooled, keep it covered until ready to use.
This is a great crust to use when making a Pumpkin Pie With Graham Cracker Crust.
I prefer to bake my crust as I think it holds up better and makes it easier to get out of the pan in a nice, clean slice. That said, I have on many occasions skipped the baking, and it still turned out okay. So if you are rushed for time, it’s an option. Just make sure you really firmly press it into the pan.
Blue pie pan similar to one show.
Pies That Pair With Graham Cracker Crust
Love this recipe? Pin it!Click to pin.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1/2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press this mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake the graham crumb crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool prior to filing, unless using a baked filling.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Can I make my own graham cracker crust in disposable pie foil pan for a CHEESECAKE?
Zina L Kelly says
Love the recipe I’m making mini pies how long should I bake the graham cracker crust before the filling
Christi Johnstone says
I haven’t made them that way so I can’t say. Maybe cut the baking time in half and go from there.
Worked perfect, used it to make a kool aid pie and it was great.