Lemon Icebox Pie is a deliciously refreshing no-bake pie! Get ready to welcome spring with this easy lemon pie recipe. With just a few ingredients and no time in the oven, this is one of the easiest creamiest lemon pies out there.
Can you feel it? Spring is coming! When the weather turns warmer then, more quickly than I’d prefer, hot, I get a little obsessed with no bake desserts. The Lemon Ice Box Pie put me right in the springtime mood.
Reasons to Make Lemon Ice Box Pie
- The flavor in this lemon pie is really dynamite. I’d go so far as to say it tastes like summer!
- When it comes to easy, this no-bake pie is second to none.
- A perfect combo sweet and tart, it’s mouthwateringly irresistible.
- After they try it, your friends and family will be asking for this recipe.
- You can make this a day or two ahead of time.
And mixed into a creamy filling then chilled in a Graham Cracker crust makes lemon even better. The Lemon Icebox Pie recipe is similar to a Key Lime Pie and comes together with very little effort.
I love icebox pies for several reasons.
First, you don’t need to turn on the oven. At all. On a blazing hot summer day, the last thing I want to do is generate even more heat in my kitchen! No bake pie recipes are also handy when you’re preparing for a big meal or event and have to balance the timing of several dishes. When the oven is occupied with other things, you can still make a delicious homemade pie!
Lemon Icebox Pie
A cold slice of creamy lemon pie straight from the fridge is bliss on a warm spring day! If you like lemon, you’re going to love this dessert. I can’t wait to make this as part of our family’s Easter meal this year!
Looking for a way to treat mom on Mother’s Day? Let her take a long nap and then bring her a piece of Lemon Ice Box Pie. It’s easy for kids to help make–you can even teach them to do it all on their own since there’s no stove or oven involved.
With sunnier days approaching, I’m also excited to make a few more lemon desserts like Lemon Cake With Lemon Glaze, Lucious Lemon Cake and these mouthwatering Easy Lemon Bars. Right now, though, I’m content to nosh on the Lemon Ice Box Pie currently chilling in my refrigerator!
Lemon Ice Box Pie Recipe
Easy no-bake pie starts with the graham cracker crust. I use whole graham crackers, butter and brown sugar in this simple crust.
Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs first. You can use a few different methods to do this:
- If you have a food processor, pulse the graham cracker crumbs for a few seconds until the crumbs resemble sand. You don’t want to puree them!
- No food processor? Place the Graham crackers in a Ziploc bag. Press down on the bag with a rolling pin and roll until crumbs reach the desired texture.
Next, you mix the melted butter and sugar into the crumbs and spread the whole mixture evenly across the bottom of a pie plate. Work the mixture up the rim of the pie pan, too!
While the crust is chilling, make the filling for the pie! Cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and sweetened condensed milk get beaten together to form a smooth creamy filling. Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust and use a flat spatula or the back of a spoon to make sure it’s evenly distributed with a smooth finish.
Chill the whole pie in the fridge for several hours until set. Garnish as desired with cool whip or whipped cream and slices of lemon. Candied lemons would make a pretty topping on this pie, too!
- I used Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk for this pie recipe. DO NOT substitute evaporated or unsweetened milks. There’s no other sugar in the filling so you need that sweetness!
- If you prefer, feel free to buy the graham cracker crumbs ready to go. You can also use pre-made graham cracker crust here for an even faster and easier version of the lemon ice box pie recipe.
No Bake Pie Recipes
Looking for even more delicious and easy no bake recipes? Here area few more favorites to try!
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Bars
- Smores Mousse Cheesecake Pies
- No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- No Bake Pumpkin Dessert
Lemon Icebox Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs approximately 10-12 whole standard size graham crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar light or dark, measure packed
- 6 tbsp melted butter unsalted
- 8 oz softened cream cheese the brick style, not the tub
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press evenly into a lightly greased 9" pie pan. Place in refrigerator for one hour to chill.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add in lemon juice and lemon peel, and beat until smooth. Spread mixture into crust and smooth to evenly cover crust. Chill for at least four hours. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in refrigerator, covered.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.