I love cookies and I love peppermint bark, so why not combine peppermint bark with cookies to make peppermint bark cookies!
Delicious chocolate cookies topped with peppermint bark. I got the idea for these after making my Chocolate Mocha Cookies.
Oh how I love these Chocolate Mocha Cookies. I’m not a big coffee drinker, but combine it with some chocolate and put it on a cookie? Heck yes I’m in. These cookies were a HUGE hit in my house, by the coffee drinkers and non-coffee drinkers. Same base cookie, same basic idea, but instead of that yummy mocha filling on top, I went with peppermint bark. Straight peppermint bark, white chocolate + peppermint oil = good stuff.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
This is the best of the both worlds if you love chocolate cookies and you love peppermint bark. I just wrapped it up all into one bite for you. You are welcome.
I think these would be perfect for Christmas cookie gift giving! Speaking of giving Christmas cookies, did you see all of the cute containers I found that you can put your cookies in? If not you have to check out this post. You might find a few darling containers that you want to fill with cookies and give as a gift. Or fill with cookies and give to yourself. I’m cool with that.
PACKAGING CHRISTMAS COOKIES
But I know it’s not realistic to give Christmas cookies to everyone in a nice container, so I also have lots of great disposable packaging ideas that are pretty darn adorable if you ask me. I think presentation is so important, we put so much work into our baking, it deserves some pretty packaging, don’t you think? If you are looking for ideas on how to package your Christmas cookies, make sure to check these out!
Okay, back to Peppermint Bark Christmas Cookies!
Peppermint Bark Christmas Cookies
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa powder but regular works great)
- 5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup Additional sugar set aside for indenting the cookies
- 11 oz to 12oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup Brach's Peppermint Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugars and beat until well combined. Add oil and eggs, mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, dough will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough and gently roll into a ball shape, and place on the pan.
- Once cookie dough balls are on the cookie sheet, prepare your glass with a flat bottom by lightly moistening it with water. Press the bottom the glass into the additional 1/4 cup sugar, and then gently press into the cookie, to make an indentation. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press the bottom of the glass into each indentation again while hot.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips according to package directions. Add 1-2 teaspoons of peppermint extract, depending on taste. Stir in crushed candy canes. Spoon peppermint bark mixture into indented wells on cookies. If desired top with crushed candy canes.
Check out all of the recipes for Christmas Cookies here on Love From The Oven!