Adorable, easy and delicious, this Snowball Cookie Recipe is the perfect Christmas treat to make with kids. These festive snowball cookies use sprinkles and white chocolate chips, or mini chocolate chips, instead of nuts. Everyone loves this holiday treat!
Snowball Cookie Recipe
Do you have your holiday baking all planned out yet?
These easy snowball cookies make a great addition to any cookie tray. With creamy white chocolate chips baked into a buttery cookie, Snowball Cookies are a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
Snowball Cookies Without Nuts
Snowball cookies are often made with nuts. I love a good walnut snowball cookie or a pecan snowball cookie but these days you just never know who might have nut allergies.
When I’m bringing cookies to a party, I love having nut free options so that everyone can enjoy the treats. These snowball cookies are made with white chocolate chips and sprinkles, or mini chocolate chips, instead of nuts.
Use red and green sprinkles to keep things extra jolly!
Biting into these crunchy sweet butter cookies flecked with sprinkles is sure to put a smile on your face. Bring Snowball Cookies to all of your holiday parties and get-togethers and watch how fast they disappear.
Can I add nuts to snowball cookies?
If you want to turn these into a more traditional snowball cookie, feel free! Just add half a cup of your favorite chopped nuts in with the dry ingredients. Walnuts and pecans both work well.
You can turn these into Peppermint Snowball Cookies by using peppermint flavored sprinkles or stirring crushed peppermint bits in with the sprinkles. Have fun making the snowball cookies your own!
Christmas baking season is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited. Every year, I look forward to baking batches of Soft Gingerbread Cookies, Sugar Cookies and Hot Chocolate Cookies to share.
This snowball cookie recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. Here’s my daughter making them about ten years ago!
Don’t forget to save some for Santa!
Easy Snowball Cookies
This cookie recipe comes together quickly and easily. It’s a great one for kids to help with.
Ingredients At A Glance
- All-Purpose Flour
- White Chocolate Chips And/Or Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (Optional)
How to Make Snowball Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat butter and sugar with mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add in vanilla, mix well. Add in salt and flour, a little at a time, mixing until well combined. Dough will be thick.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, leaving about 2” between each cookie.
5. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for at least 10 minutes.
Christmas Snowball Cookies
I used sprinkles in Christmas colors to keep with the holiday theme. Feel free to use any sprinkle colors you like and have fun choosing your colors.
Snowball Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this batch I divided my dough, and added sprinkles to half, but added mini chocolate chips to the other half. A half cup of chocolate chips mixed in works perfectly.
Snowball Cookies No Nuts
This is a snowball cookie recipe with no nuts. If you want a nutty snowball cookie, add a half cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the dough along with the dry ingredients.
When baking with kids, simpler is often better. These cookies look so pretty on a plate without requiring any frosting or decorating (or mess).
More Great Christmas Cookie Recipes
Don’t miss my favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes! You’ll find over 50 of my tried and true cookie recipes that are perfect for Christmas baking.
Snowball Cookie Recipe
Snowball Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter salted or unsalted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2-1 cup sprinkles in colors of your choice optional
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar with mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add in vanilla, mix well. Add in salt and flour, mixing until well combined. Mix in white chocolate chips, and if using add in either sprinkles and/or mini chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets, leaving about 2" between each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for at least 10 minutes. If desired dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight containers.