Crockpot beef chili is a tasty answer to the what’s for dinner dilemma. With only a few key ingredients to toss into the slow cooker in the morning, you can come home to a hot meal the whole family will love.
Reasons to make Beef Chili in the Crockpot
- It’s a quick easy recipe and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now
- This chili tastes delicious
- The add-ons. Top it with shredded cheese, sour cream, chives and crackers. Top it with Fritos.
- To enjoy a hot fragrant meal on a cold afternoon
Crockpot beef chili is one of my favorite winter time go-to recipes. I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand and a topping or two. Nothing goes with chili like cornbread, my Jiffy Cornbread recipe is quick, easy and it tastes delicious crumbled over beef chili.
Beef Chili Recipe
The ingredients are quite flexible. You can use any ground beef, chuck or sirloin. You can even try ground venison, lamb or even ground turkey if you have some in your freezer. However, ground turkey breast will not taste good.
You can also mix up the beans in this recipe. I prefer chili beans because they add another layer of flavor to the chili, but you can mix and match chili, kidney and black beans. Remember to drain and rinse kidney or black beans.
How To Make Chili In A Crockpot
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat and drain the fat. Put it in your slow cooker. While the beef is browning, you can dice the pepper and onion. Add them to the crockpot. Mix well with the pasta sauce, beans and chili seasoning. I prefer to use Prego pasta sauce in my crockpot beef chili, with or without meat. My family loves the flavor.
If the recipe makes too much for your family, this chili will keep in the freezer for 4-6 months.
Serving the Chili
You should cook the beef chili for 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Anytime after that it’s fair game to eat.Serve it up into bowls and top with your favorite shredded cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream. Chives are great, as are finely diced onions, avocado and cilantro.
Crockpot meals are real life saver this time of year. Try some of these easy recipes your family will love: Beef Stew Crockpot Recipe, Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos, Crockpot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches and Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
Crockpot Beef Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 jar Prego pasta sauce 24 ounces
- 2 cans chili beans undrained
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- Brown ground beef in a skillet or crockpot/multi-cooker. Drain grease in colander. Add to crockpot.
- Dice the onion and green pepper. Add to crockpot.
- Add pasta sauce, chili beans and chili seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Any ground beef, such as ground sirloin or ground chuck, may be used. Just be sure to drain the grease before adding to the crockpot. For an even healthier option, use ground turkey, just avoid the breast.
- To mix it up, use 1 can of chili beans and one can of kidney or black beans. Just remember to rinse and drain the beans if they are not chili beans.
- I always use Prego traditional pasta sauce or Prego with meat.
- Serve with extras such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, onions, chives, crackers, tortilla chips, or cornbread
- Can be frozen up to 4-6 months.