White Chocolate Chip Cookies pack delectable white chocolate morsels in every bite. Chewy, sweet and easy to make, these deliciously buttery cookies are downright irresistible!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you don’t have a good White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe in your arsenal yet, this one is sure to do the trick! Made from a simple drop cookie dough with creamy white chocolate chips folded in, these easy to make cookies come out perfectly every time.
I’ve shared a number of other cookie recipes that are made with white with white chocolate chips. A few of my favorites are Funfetti Cookies, White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Black and White Chippers and Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies.
However I’ve yet to give you a recipe for a classic white chocolate chip cookie. It’s time to change that!
One of my favorite things about cookie baking is that once you get the essentials down, it’s so easy to make cookies with just about any kind of mix-ins you can imagine. To make these particular homemade cookies, I started with one of my favorite recipes for cookies with chocolate chips.
The simple exchange of white chocolate morsels for semi-sweet makes the cookies just a little out of the ordinary. These White Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy and soft with buttery vanilla flavor that I can’t get enough of.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Tips
I have a few tips to make the best White Chocolate Chip Cookies ever.
1. Cream together the butter and sugar very well. The butter and sugar should be light and fluffy before adding other ingredients. This usually takes a good 3-4 minutes. You’ll notice how the texture of the mixture changes and the sugar dissolves into the butter.
To make this mixing easier, I mix the dough in my stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. This helps the butter and sugars get even fluffier when you cream them together. You can also use a hand mixer or large spoon for this step, it just might take another minute or two of elbow grease.
2. Chill the dough. Trust me, I get it, when you want cookies, you don’t want to wait around for the dough to chill. But for the ultimate chewy white chocolate chip cookies, make sure to chill the dough before it goes in the oven!
While the cookies will still taste good if you skip this step, they’ll spread a bit more and won’t get that irresistibly chewy texture I love. 30 minutes in the fridge is plenty but I find that 1 -2 hours is ideal.
3. Do not over bake! Don’t forget that with drop cookies like this, they will continue baking for a couple of minutes after you remove them from the oven! The cookies will still look soft and a bit doughy when you take them out. Don’t worry, they’ll solidify as they cool.
You’re going to love these cookies!
What are white chocolate chips?
Never baked with white chocolate before? It’s exactly the same as baking with regular chocolate chips but the flavor is different. Rather than the cocoa solids that semi-sweet, milk and dark chocolate chips are made from, white chocolate chips are made from cocoa butter, sugar and milk solids.
The morsels are such a tasty addition to a chewy homemade white chocolate chip cookie. I find that vanilla lovers especially love all things white chocolate!
Can you freeze white chocolate chip cookies?
Like other homemade drop cookies, white chocolate chips cookies (and the cookie dough) freeze wonderfully.
- To freeze the baked cookies: Let the cookies cool completely then return them to a cookie or baking sheet spaced out so they are not touching each other. Freeze for 2 hours or until solid. Then, transfer the frozen cookies to a freezer safe bag or container.
- To freeze the cookie dough: Scoop the dough into balls about 2 inches wide. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet (not touching each other) until frozen solid, then immediately transfer to an airtight container. To bake from frozen, add about 2 minutes of baking time on to the total.
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
If you love chocolate chip cookies like I do, I have some other great cookies you should try! Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic, but I gave them a little bit of a makeover.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are soft and delicious. And we all love a Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes, such as Maldon optional
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour, cornstarch and baking soda, making sure it is well incorporated. Add the white chocolate chips and stir to mix throughout the dough. Cover tightly and chill for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, reheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Scoop out 2-tablespoon portions and roll into balls, then shape balls so that they are slightly taller than wide. Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet, at 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven when the starting to very lightly brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, if using, as soon as they're out of the oven. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the tray and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Beautiful cookies. Spread was perfect. I’m now using this cookie base recipe for heath chocolate cookies too. Recipe is a nice start to any add-ins.