If you love chewy chocolate chip cookies packed full of chocolate, then you are going to love this Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
This chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe checks off all the perfect cookie boxes for me. The cookies are big, they are chewy in the center, a little crunchy on the edges, have a great flavor and are absolutely packed full of chocolate.
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are made with three different types of chocolate – mini chocolate chips, standard size semi-sweet morsels and Brach’s Milk Chocolate Stars. Not only do the stars look pretty in the cookies, but they really pack in the chocolate flavor.
Thank you to my friends at Brach’s for sponsoring this post.
Making Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
A few notes before we move on to the chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- These are BIG cookies. If you have a standard size ice cream scoop to scoop the dough, that will be about perfect. The balls of dough should be a bit larger than a golf ball.
2. You do need to chill the dough, for at least 30 minutes, and ideally 1-2 hours. You can go up to two days, but I’m never really up to waiting two days to finish my cookies.
If you want to learn more about chilling dough, this is a great article, and explains why that 30 minutes of chilling helps your cookies.
3. You will want to give these cookies plenty of time to rest on the cookie sheets after you pull them out of the oven. One of the keys to the chewy center is to not overcook your cookies.
Cookies continue to bake on the hot pan after you remove them from the oven, and you want that in order to create that just perfectly under-baked, but not too under-baked, center.
4. Want to SEE lots of chocolate in your cookie? After you scoop your dough onto your cookie sheet, press more chocolate chips and Brach’s Chocolate Stars into your cookie dough. That will help give you the bursting with chocolate look, and flavor, you want.
Okay, let’s make some chewy chocolate chip cookies!
More delicious chocolate chip cookie recipes to try!
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup softened buter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt sea salt or salt flakes are a great choice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup Brach's Milk Chocolate Stars
- Additional chocolate chips and stars if desired to press into cookies
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, approximately 1-2 minutes
- Add in vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop cookie dough with ice cream scoop onto baking sheets that have been lined with wax paper or a silicone baking mat. Cookie dough balls should be slightly larger than a golf ball, approximately 1/4 cup. Make sure to leave ample room on cookie sheet, as cookies will spread as they bake.
- Cover cookie sheets and place into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 1-2 hours is ideal, and you can leave them in up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove cookie sheets from refrigerator and let sit out while preheating oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10-13 minutes or until starting to brown around edges. Centers may look slightly undercooked. Remove baking sheet from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Remove, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Check out all of the cookie recipes on this site!
Looking for some other great cookie recipes to try? Grandbaby Cakes has a great crispy chocolate chip cookie recipe if you like a nice, crispy cookie. Are you more of a crunchy chocolate chip cookie person?
Check out this recipe for some great crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Is a super soft cookie what you are after? A great recipe for super soft chocolate chip cookies can be found over at Baked By Rachel.
I hope your family enjoys this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe as much as my family does! Thank you to Brach’s for sponsoring this post.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Brach’s. All opinions however are mine and mine alone.