Learn how to make the best Air Fryer Baked Potatoes! With crispy skins and a fluffy interior, these air baked potatoes are ready to be loaded with all your favorite potato toppings.
Reasons to Make Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer
There are no shortage of baked potato recipes out there. Why make baked potatoes in an air fryer?
- Skins get unbelievably crispy.
- Fluffy, buttery interior.
- Easy recipe ready in 30 minutes.
- Delicious with any toppings you like!
- No heavy grease or oil, just a spritz of cooking spray.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
Baked Potatoes are one of the ultimate “hands off side dishes.” This air baked potato in air fryer makes it even easier.
Just wash and scrub your spuds. Spray with cooking spray and pop them in the air fryer. While the baked potatoes cook to crispy perfection you can prep your main dish.
When the potatoes are done cooking, slice them open and fill with toppings. You can even let everyone add their own toppings at the table for a custom side dish. So easy.
Tips for this Recipe
- Russet potatoes work best for this recipe.
- Choose potatoes that are similar in size for consistency in cooking.
- Wash and scrub potatoes then dry thoroughly before cooking.
- Serve hot!
Recipe Questions & Answers
Do you wrap potatoes in aluminum foil before air frying?
No, you do not wrap baked potatoes in foil for this recipe. Wrapping in foil traps the liquid inside, steaming the potato instead of air frying. To get crispy skin, it’s important to leave the potatoes unwrapped.
I have a combination Air Fryer and Toaster Oven. What setting do I use for this recipe?
Use the air fryer setting for cooking baked potatoes. The hot air circulates evenly around the potatoes to make them crispier on the outsides than regular baking.
Do you have to poke holes in potatoes before baking in the air fryer?
No hole poking needed for this recipe! The whole potatoes go right in the air fryer tray
Air Fryer Baked Potato Toppings Ideas
Your baked potato is your canvas. Add classic toppings like butter, sour cream, chives, and shredded cheese or get creative with other ingredients.
Try out these fun and out-of-the-box baked potato recipe toppings:
- Pizza Potato. Pizza sauce, pepperoni, diced ham, sausage, peppers, onions, shredded cheese.
- Bacon Lover’s potato. Cooked chopped bacon, shredded cheese, ranch dressing.
- Barbecue potato. BBQ sauce, shredded chicken or pork, cheddar cheese.
- Buffalo potato. Buffalo sauce or Frank’s red hot, shredded chicken, bleu cheese.
- Chili Stuffed Potatoes. Beef chili, shredded cheese, sour cream.
There’s no wrong way to enjoy an air fryer baked potato!
Once you find how how to make baked potatoes in the air fryer, you’ll never bake them in the oven again! Air Fryer Potatoes are simply the best. We love to serve these baked potatoes with Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken or Mississippi Pot Roast!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Reheat Pizza In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- 4 russet potatoes
- cooking oil of your choice
Pizza Potato Toppings
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Other pizza toppings such as pepperoni, sausage crumbles, diced ham, peppers, onions, olives etc.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Brush the air fryer basket with cooking oil Spray one side of the potatoes with nonstick cooking spray and place, sprayed side down, into the basket. Spray the top of the potatoes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Flip over when cooking cycle is complete and heat for an additional 15 minutes. Carefully remove potatoes from oven and cut a slit in the center. Pop open.
- Fill each potato with pizza sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Return to air fryer for 3-5 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese is melted.