Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin is tender, juicy and packed full of flavor. Using an air fryer to cook pork tenderloin produces delicious results, while keeping the oven off and the kitchen cool. From cheeseburgers to chicken drumsticks, and even baked potatoes, we love the ease that the air fryer brings to our dinner recipes!
Reasons To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin
- This easy main dish pork tenderloin recipe is quick to make. Prep time is easily under ten minutes and cook time is around 20 minutes.
- While flavorful, this pork tenderloin easily pairs with almost any side dish. We love it with everything from Crockpot Baked Beans to Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes. It’s spectacular with Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Glazed Carrots.
- Trying to keep the kitchen cool and the summer electricity bills down? This is one of my favorite reasons to use the air fryer, it doesn’t heat up my entire kitchen at the hottest part of the day.
- Thanks to the air fryer, this tenderloin comes out tender and juicy – no dried out pork here!
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Reminder, the full printable recipe, with exact measurements and instructions, is found at the bottom of the page. This portion of the post is for discussion, helpful tips and answering common questions about the recipe.
What You Will Need
- Pork Tenderloin: Take note that this recipe is for pork tenderloin, which is much smaller than a pork loin. Pork loin comes from a completely different part of the animal, and looks more like a traditional roast. As you can see in the photos, I used two pork tenderloins. They vary in size a you will often find them packaged in multiples.
- Salted Butter: If you don’t have salted butter, no worries, just add an extra 1/2 tsp of salt to the mix.
- Lemon Juice: While fresh lemon juice is always best, I keep a bottle of lemon juice on hand and it works great in a pinch.
- Italian seasoning: If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you could use 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 1 teaspoon thyme, if you have these. If not, use whatever combination you have, about a teaspoon of each.
- Salt and Pepper: I prefer to use kosher salt, and any ground black pepper will work.
- Garlic powder: Note that this is garlic powder, not garlic salt. Garlic salt will kick up the saltiness factor.
If you don’t yet have an air fryer, this is one of my favorites. One other item I would highly recommend is a meat thermometer. Pork can have a reputation of being a bit dry, but honestly it’s because we all tend to overcook it. A simple meat thermometer can go a long way in helping you get your tenderloin to the just right temperature.
Steps To Take
To make air fryer pork tenderloin, begin by mixing together ingredients to make the seasoning rub. As you can see from the step by step photos, this is quick and easy to do.
After that the seasoning mixture is brushed or rubbed onto to the pork tenderloin, and it is placed into the air fryer.
How Long To cook Pork Tenderloin In An Air Fryer?
For this recipe, the cook time is approximately 22 minutes, however it’s best to let temperature be your guide. Ideally your pork should be at 145 degrees when temperature is taken in the center. This gives you pork that is safely cooked, but not overcooked.
This tenderloin can be stored in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped or in an air tight container, for 3-4 days.
To reheat, place your pieces into the air fryer and cook at at 350 degrees for two minutes. Additional time may be needed, as it will vary based on the size of the tenderloin pieces.
Pork tenderloin can be frozen for up to three months. Wrap it tightly, then placing in a freezer bag for best results.
Preparing In The Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, but would like to make this recipe, place the tenderloins in a casserole dish and baking for approximately 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Again though, let temperature determine when it’s done cooking, not time.
More Recipes To Try
Check out all of my Air Fryer Recipes!
If you enjoy this pork tenderloin recipe, I have some other recipe suggestions for you.
Side Dishes For Pork Tenderloin
- Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- Rotini Pasta Salad
- The Best Ever Jiffy Cornbread
- KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Easy Homemade Scalloped Potatoes
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad (Pie)
- No Bake Oreo Dirt Cake
- Lemon Bars
- Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Peach Dump Cake
More Pork Recipes
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin make sure it's tenderloin, not loin
- 4 tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Trim any of the thin skin, or membrane off of the tenderloin(s).
- Mix the melted butter, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Brush or rub the seasoned mixture all over the tenderloin(s), coating every side.
- Place the prepared tenderloin(s) into the air fryer. Cook tenderloin in the air fryer at 400 degrees for approximately 22 minutes. The internal temperature of the pork should be 145 degrees. Let the roast rest for5 minutes before cutting, then serve immediately after cutting.