If you love lime desserts, then baking this easy lime cake need to be put on your to do list!
Lime desserts are a favorite of mine. Their sweet and tart combo is truly outstanding and can be used in so many different ways. I’ve been loving the ease of bundt cakes lately so I thought a lime bundt cake was in order.
This semi-homemade cake starts from a mix, so you can whip it up in no time. Lately I’ve been on a lime yogurt kick, so I used the lime yogurt in place of sour cream, which I usually use in my bundt cakes.
Either option works, I just prefer that if you are using a yogurt, go with one that still has some fat in it versus the fat free variety.
The ingredients for this cake are so simple. Start with a white cake mix, but you could also use a yellow cake mix, or even a lemon mix. To that you add your yogurt or sour cream, four eggs, oil and some lime zest and lime juice.
If you don’t have a zester, I adore my Kitchen IQ Better Zester, it makes zesting citrus super easy – totally recommend it. Before this one had some crummy zesters before that were really not that effective and were a pain to use, so I’m pretty appreciative of how easy the Kitchen IQ one is.
We finish up with the glaze that goes on top, which might be my favorite part of this cake! It’s so simple, it’s made with powdered sugar, lime juice, butter, a pinch of salt and a splash of milk.
This is super easy. Really you don’t even need to use your mixer, you can just stir it up in a bowl with a whisk. Such a perfect combo of sweet and tart!
EASY LIME CAKE RECIPE
Easy Lime Cake
Lime lovers won't be able to get enough of this delicious lime cake! This easy cake recipe starts with a cake mix, but gets a makeover thanks to additional ingredients!
- 1 standard size package white or vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup lime yogurt or sour cream not fat free
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp milk more or less depending on consistency you want the glaze
- Pinch of salt
- 1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- 2. BEAT cake mix, yogurt or sour cream, oil, eggs, lime juice and lime peel in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute or until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 3. BAKE 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. MIX powdered sugar, melted butter, lime juice, milk and butter with a whisk in a large bowl. Once combined, spoon over bundt cake. If desired garnish with additional lime peel. Enjoy!
Need more lime in your desserts? Mom on Timeout has an amazing Key Lime Pie with graham cracker crust that you will love!
PIN THIS EASY LIME CAKE RECIPE TO SAVE!
If you love this recipe, you’ll want to try these recipes as well!