These easy banana bread muffins are a delicious way to start your day and they also make a sweet afternoon pick me up. You can mix this recipe up quickly by hand, no mixer required. After making your first batch, this will become one of your go to muffin recipes!
If you have ripe bananas sitting on your counter, print this recipe, get into the kitchen, and in approximately 30 minutes you’ll have a delicious batch of banana bread muffins ready to enjoy. As an added bonus your entire house will smell absolutely divine!
Making The Best Banana Bread Muffins
Banana muffins can be hit or miss. I’ve had amazing muffins but I’ve also had lackluster ones. This banana bread muffin recipe gets a great big thumbs up from my entire family, the request it often. It’s moist, just sweet enough and has the perfect flavor.
The only downside is how quickly the entire batch disappears, nobody can resist these muffins, especially when served warm.
While I left the nuts out of these due to nut allergies in my family, I think these would be spectacular with walnuts or pecans folded in. I also love to make these as banana chocolate chip muffins or even bananas blueberry muffins.
My kids love these flavorful muffins for grab and go breakfasts, and they are also a popular snack or lunch box addition in my family. Basically, you can’t go wrong with this easy recipe.
At a glance, full recipe below
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ripe Bananas
- Brown Sugar
- Walnuts, Pecans or Chocolate Chips (optional)
Why Use Ripe Bananas?
Most banana bread and muffin recipes call for ripe bananas. The riper a banana is the easier it is to mash. In addition to being easy to mash, riper bananas are sweeter and more flavorful, which is perfect for banana bread.
You don’t have to use overly ripe bananas, but I do find that these muffins are at their absolute best when they are made with some unattractive, ripe and brown bananas.
Can You Freeze Muffins?
Absolutely! Allow your muffins to cool complete, then place into a freezer bag and store in the freezer. Muffins can be thawed by simply sitting them out on the counter for an hour or so, or placed in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Frozen muffins also work great for popping into a backpack or lunchbox as they thaw fairly quickly.
Easy Banana Bread Muffin Recipe
Easy Banana Bread Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium to large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until only small chunks remain. Add in melted (and cooled) butter and brown sugar and stir until well combined. Stir in beaten eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry mixture until just combined. Do not over-mix. If desired, add in optional nuts and stir to combine.
- Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, and tops are turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- To save remaining muffins, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
More Creative Banana Bread And Banana Bread Muffins Recipes
I hope your family enjoys these banana bread muffins as much as mine does. I think I’ve made them three times this month so far, my kids keep requesting them! I have some other great recipes you’ll want to try as well.
If your family loves chocolate as much as mine does, then you need to make these CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS.
If you love butterscotch, then you have got to try these Banana Butterscotch Muffins. The best way to describe them is if banana bread and oatmeal scotchie cookies got together into one, this would be the result. These are one of my all time favorite muffins.
Shugary Sweets has a delectable Snickerdoodle Banana Bread Recipe. You can’t go wrong when you bring cinnamon and sugar to the banana bread party!
Spend With Pennies has a scrumptious Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread recipe we love.
Finally, you just can’t go wrong when you add chocolate and peanut butter to your banana bread! Check out Two Peas And Their Pod for their yummy Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe.