This dreamy and delicious Banana Bread Pudding recipe is quick and easy to make at home. With just a handful of simple ingredients, your friends and family will love when you dress this creamy comfort food classic up with bananas!
Banana Bread Pudding Recipe
The combination of hearty bread, butter, eggs, milk, sugar, spices and bananas blend together beautifully in this in this creamy homemade bread pudding. We prefer it served warm, with an optional drizzle of powdered sugar glaze over the top.
How To Make Bread Pudding With Bananas
Making this bread pudding could not be easier. The bread is cubed, then placed into a greased baking dish along with bananas.
Next the remaining ingredients are combined, mixed together and poured over the bananas and bread.
Then the dish is baked for forty minutes. That is all there is to it!
While the drizzle of glaze at the end is optional, I highly recommend it to complete this delicious banana bread pudding!
More Banana Recipes
If you love bananas as much as we do, make sure to try some of my favorite banana filled recipes.
- Chocolate Banana Cake brings bananas into both the cake and the irresistible chocolate frosting.
- Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding is the fluffiest, creamiest banana pudding you’ll ever eat!
- Betty Crocker Banana Bread is a classic, and we like to add chocolate chips to take it to the next level!
- Start your day with a stack of perfect Banana Pancakes!
- For a grab and go breakfast or snack, it’s hard to beat Banana Bread Muffins.
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Bars bring everything you like about bananas into an easy and no-bake dessert.
- If you are a butterscotch fan, you are in for a treat with these Butterscotch Banana Muffins. The flavor combo is amazing!
Click to pin & save this recipe!
Banana Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups bread such as french or brioche, cubed slightly stale or hard bread is perfect
- 1 cup sliced bananas additional bananas can be used for garnish if desired
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread cubes and bananas into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix well to combine. Pour over the bread and bananas and gently stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- If desired, combine glaze ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine, then drizzle over bread pudding. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Dora Kasler says
Fantastic served warm with a scoop of ice cream!