These delicious and easy BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Made with simple ingredients, this Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe is a family favorite and picky-eater approved!
Muffins are a very popular food in my house. At least once a week you’ll find my muffin pans in the oven filled with something delicious.
And more often than not, it seems like bananas are involved.
From Banana Bread Muffins to Chocolate Banana Muffins, Vanilla Banana Muffins to Butterscotch Banana Muffins, it’s clear bananas and muffins work very well together. And these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are no exception!
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are based off my popular Banana Bread Muffin Recipe. Check out how easily they come together in this video…
This recipe just adds chocolate chips to the mix. Easy peasy!
We love these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast or as a quick grab and go snack. They are great to toss into a backpack for a mid-day pick me up.
While I use semi-sweet or even dark chocolate chips in this recipe, feel free to use milk chocolate chips if those are your preference.
Also, don’t hesitate to add nuts! We have to avoid them due to an allergy, but walnuts or pecans are a tasty addition to these muffins.
You could even get creative and use white chocolate chips!
This really is a flexible muffin recipe, so feel free to experiment with your mix ins.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN RECIPE
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- 3 medium to large very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until only small chunks remain. Add in melted (and cooled) butter and brown sugar and stir until well combined. Stir in beaten eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry mixture until just combined. Do not over-mix. Add in chocolate chips and stir gently until just combined.
- Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, and tops are turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes. Remove muffins from pan and serve.
- To save remaining muffins, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
More Banana Muffin Recipes
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes made with bananas? Here are some other tasty ones to try.
–Cream Cheese Banana Muffins from Crazy For Crust are divine!
-These Banana Oatmeal Muffins from Well Plated can be made in the blender.
-Nutella fans can’t resist BakerMama’s Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins.
-Crumb topping on banana muffins? Yes please! Head to Wishes & Dishes for these great Banana Crumb Muffins.